Chapter 34

Chapter 34 (unedited)

"Ouch! Daddy! It hurts" Sofi cried

Her father pokes her chest with ash stub.

He smokes his cigars, exhale the smoke and poke again on Sofi chest

Sofi closes her mouth with both her hand. Quieting her sob

Her body shivers with pain and fear.

Her eyes looking at a shadow lurking behind dad body

Slowly the shadow walks in front, showing himself in front of the light.

Light shone on his face.

Emraan!

He looks at Sofi with a disgusting look. Gone the eyes which look at Sofi with adoration.

Her father laughing, yanking her hair and his finger showing Emraan.

"He will never look at you with love; you are a trash, dirty and filthy"

"Emraan, please look at me with love in your eyes again" Sofi pleaded with tears glistened in her eyes.

Sofi wakes up. Sweat trickling down her neck. Her heart pounding. Tears rolling down her cheek. The dream tonight has Emraan. Why is he in the dream?. Sofi hand pulling her hair.

"Sofi, open the door" Emraan banged the door. He is yelling.

Since the day they kissed, Sofi sleeps with her door locked. She doesn't want anyone to come in and see her panicking or vomiting.

"Sofi, open it or I'll open it with the spare key" Emraan still banging the door

"Sofi, please open the door" Aireen pleaded.

Calming her heart, she climbs down the bed. Wiping away the tear from her cheek, she walks towards the door. She unlocked it and opens it behind her. Sofi doesn't want Emraan to see her in this condition again.

Aireen runs inside, hugging her tightly. Calming her. Shutting her eyes, Sofi rested her head on Aireen shoulder.

"Nightmare?" Aireen asked in a hushed voice.

Sifi nods

"Daddy?" she asked again, rubbing Sofi back. Soothing her.

Sofi nod again.

Emraan is still standing at the door threshold. Looking at both the sisters. They care for each other, he though.

"Sofi?" Emraan called Sofi name

Sofi head turned, she looks at Emraan from the corner of her eyes.

"Are you okay, you want me to sleep here" Emraan enquired. His eyebrow furrowed.

"No, Aireen can sleep with me" Sofi replied

Nodding slowly, Emraan left the room, closing it behind him.

Aireen slowly lead her sister towards the bed. Tucking her in like a small child. Sofi is holding Aireen hand tightly.

"I will not leave you sister" Aireen saidcaressing her sister hair, pushing it behind.