Chapter 35

Chapter 35 (unedited)

Emraan P.O.V

"So, how is mum, hopefully she is better now"

I was caught off guard when Sofi asked that question. Mum was pushing my limit by asking me to take Mikayla out every single time I dropped by the house. Initially I thought of staying there to take care of mum. I changed my mind after seeing Mikayla shamelessly seducing me.

I thought that by saying that I'm married man, she will back off. It proved fruitless as she tried harder enticing me.

"She is fine" I answered halfheartedly. I don't have the courage to see her eyes. She shouldn't know that mum tried to bring me and Mikayla as one again.

"She is really fine, okay sweet cupcake" I tried convincing her gain. It is true; mum is fine.

After saying my goodnight to Sofi, I walk into my room. My mind on overdrive mode. Thinking and analyzing the situation. Staring blankly on the ceiling, the flashback of the few days event came back to me

Flashback

Two days before

Emraan walks inside his house and walks slowly to his mother room. He can hear mum talking to Mikayla in a hushed voice. He couldn't hear the exact word. Mum's room door was slightly ajar, so he hides behind the door. His eyes peeps through the hole the door makes.

What he saw shocked him to the core. Mum walks around the room normally. No hunching down. She still talking to Mikayla. They seemed in a heated argument. Mum eyes wander around. Sitting down on her bed mum throws her bandage away.

"I fake this for you" mum fingers showing directly at Mikayla.

Emraan heard that loud and clear. He gasped.

Slowly he moves away. Climbing down the stairs, mum word played in his mind over and over again. Not just one, hundreds question played in his mind too. He was lucky that none of the maid saw him upstairs. Decided that three can play the game, he decided to play along.

"Emraan, when did you arrive? Mum asked while climbing down the stair. She winched in pain. Right now he knows all that was fake, he being played.

"I've just arrived mum, waiting for you" Emraan climbed the stairs, supporting his mother shoulder. He feel like screaming out loud, lashing out his anger. He fakes a smile for his mother.

They had their lunch in silence. Emraan mind buzzes in daze. He is trying to solve the mystery alone. Finding the missing puzzle. The new fact that mum fake her shakes him till he lost his appetite. He even suspects the fire at the boutique planned by mum too.

"Mum, did you file the report about the fire at you boutique?" Emraan asked, looking intently at his mum. Trying to find a clue, or maybe a sign of mum's lies.

Her hand stopped instantly. She was putting food in her mouth when Emraan popped the question. Slowly she puts the spoon down. Her eyes darts back and forth.

"No, I didn't" Mum answered.

"Why mum?" He asked again.

Mum hand reaches for the napkin and she wipes her forehead. She smiles at me, but somehow, it didn't reach her eyes. The smile looks more like a nervous smile. Emraan gaze shifted to Mikayla. Her eyes looking away. Her fingers rubbing her forehead. He shifted his gaze back to Del, his mother.

"It's a small fire, caused by the short circuit" mum answered, her eyes looking down.

"Reporting just needs a lot of paperwork and insurance too" she continues.

Emraan nodded. One thing for sure, mum trapped with his sudden question. Secondly, Mikayla is in it too.

Shifting uncomfortably, mum stands up and walks without help towards the stairs.

"Mum! Your feet" Emraan exclaimed.

Turning back, mum smile weakly "Oh, it's getting better, thanks to" mum gulps, her eyes looking at Mikayla.

"Mikayla" He completed mum words.

Looking at the food, Emraan tries to decipher what is cooking behind him. The cook here is Del, his mother and Mikayla. He can smell the decayed food but he can't see the food. Somehow, he knows all these have something to do with Sofi.

End of flashback

Emraan rested his head on the pillow, his land sprawled over the large bed. Closing his eyes, he tries to sleep.

Sofi screaming jolt him awake. He runs towards her room. Turning the knob, he kicked the door. Sofi locks the door! How dare her!

Aireen stands beside her. Worries evident in her face.

Pressing my ear to the door, I tried to hear any unusual voice or sound. None.

Banging the door, I yelled "Sofi, open the door"

Still no voice from inside. This girl is really out of this world. There is a spare key downstairs. I'll try again, if she still doesn't opens the door, I will use it.

"Sofi, open it or I'll open it with the spare key" banging the door harder.

A click sound came, and the door opens. Sofi walks in, her back facing me. Aireen runs to her sister. They whispered something to each other.

"Sofi?" leaning on the door, I called her name.

Her head turned

"Are you okay, you want me to sleep here" I asked again, hoping that she said yes.

"No, Aireen can sleep with me" she answered in her crying voice.

Nodding slowly, I closed the door behind me. What is happening? He though she feels connected to him when they were dancing. Her eyes lit brightly when they were dancing. The nightmare!.

Mum scheming against him, and now these nightmares. There seems like I have a lot of enemy that I need to slash to get near to Sofi.

Resting my head on the pillow, I tried to sleep, but it was not easy. Uneasy feeling tugs my heart. It felt like Sofi stabbed me when she refuses to sleep with me. Jealousy washes over me. Yes, I'm jealous with Aireen now.

Since marrying Sofi, I feel confused with my own feeling. I felt possessive just now; the green eye man tries to dance with Sofi. My Sofi. Now, I'm jealous with Aireen. She is a woman, man!. I worried about mum scheme because it somehow connected with Sofi. I felt near to her when I'm far. I feel like my body on fire whenever our body touches. Wrapping my hand on my face, I let out a loud groan.

"You love her, fool"

Who is telling me that?

Looking around, there is no one in my room. Gosh! I'm losing my mind.

"I love her" I tell myself. Sleep took over me easily later. 

------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter is dedicated to these two amazing person

lenorastewart730

Galacticskies66

thank you for your vote and comment

What do you think of this chapter?

let me know by commenting and plz.. plz dont forget to vote

love u alll