Chapter 30

Chapter 30 (unedited)

Emraan p.o.v

"Emraan, say something" mum bugged.

"What is she doing here?" my voice boomed filling up the room. Veins popping out on my neck. I can feel my body burning with fire

How dare she showing her face here? She left me alone facing the world. It was me bowing to each and every guest apologizing with smile on my face. The smirk on uncle Saddique angered me more. He is happy with my misery. I may forgive her for leaving me but I won't forgive her for giving this opportunity to Saddique.

"She is a guest here and we should respect our guest" mum said coldly.

Mum word falls like a thunder on my head, boiling my anger. My chest rise and fall with anger.

"Have you forgotten mum?" I snarled. The two women flinched.

"Its already in past, and she apologized to me and realize that she made a mistake" mum answered.

He let out a long sigh. The corner of his mouth turned up; raising a single brow he speaks

"You can forgive her," my finger pointing at Mikayla

"I can't" I gave a fact.

"Aww, Emraan forgive me please" she purred behind me. If she thinks she can melt my anger, she is totally wrong.

Ignoring her plea and the reality that she is standing in the same room with me, I turned my step towards mum bed.

"Let me take you downstairs" I said to mum, supporting her climbing down from the bed. Her leg looks bad. A brown bandage wrapping her left feet. Mum winched in pain when her feet landed on the floor. Her face scrunched.

"It's okay, Mikayla can help me" mum said

Shrugging my shoulder I walk away from the room. Leaving the two women in the room.

I was midway ascending the stairs when I heard mum cries of pain. Hurriedly I walk upstairs, grabbing mum hand and put it on my shoulder.

"Let me hold you mum" my forehead furrowed.

"it's okay son, you two can hold me" Mum said wincing in pain, looking at Mikayla.

MIkayla looks at me from her lashes, her lips averted into pout. We walked down the stairs in silence.

"Thank you Darlings, take your seat" mum said

Patting Mikayla shoulder when I rested her on her chair.

We dig into breakfast silently. My eyes observing mum and Mikayla. They are having their breakfast but the way that they are looking at each other seems suspicious. It's like they are talking in silence. Their brows shifting, shakes slightly, furrowed than relaxed then again knitted together. Mum puts a finger at the corner of her eyes. What secret language is this?

Mikayla shifted her eyes; she is looking at me directly with a gleam in her eyes. Dropping her head down, she tucked a strand of her hand behind her ear. Fluttering her eyelid in slow motion she arched head to the left exposing the skin on her neck. Our eyes met when she opens her eyes wide.

"Tell me mum, how did you meet her?" I asked, my eyes still observing her.

You are entering a very dangerous territory. Enter at your own risk.

She should take sign with her everywhere. She is good at this seducing game. My mind went back to Sofi, she never seduce me. She doesn't need to try. Whenever she is near, there is thisinvisible power around her that pull me towards her. the power that make fell the need to touch her, to hug her. peeling my eyes away from Mikayla, a small small crept on my face.

"Ohh, I met her last week at a fashion show, she is a popular model you know, very hardworking" Del praise Mikayla.

Sofi still works and Danny reported that she always comes back home late and she is a different person at work. I'm yet to see that. Why am I still thinking about her? Her memory flooded my mind, filling up the empty space leaving no space for Mikayla.

"Ohh Aunty Del, stop praising me." Mikayla said pouting her lip. Her left hand on her left shoulder.

"Sofi, my wife, she is hardworking too, she is still working even after getting married to me" I said praising Sofi.

The smile on Mikayla face faded. Her mouth fell open.

Looking from the corner of my eyes, I studied her face. Undoubtedly, she is beautiful. No denying. She looks more attractive than Sofi. Somehow, I find that her beauty is overshadowed by her powder and all the colors she put and her face. Sofi just need to powder her face and glides a lipstick on her lips and she is done. Mikayla from every angle have the model look, but my Sofi have a face of an angel. Everything about Mikayla is fake while everything is real about Sofi.

Smirking I put down the towel on the table after wiping my mouth.

Glancing over mum and then Mikayla, I walk towards mum, she puts both her palm flat on the table. Slowly she pushes herself up. I wrapped my arm around her waist. Mum throws her arm around my shoulder. Mikayla moves forward, trying to help. Narrowing my eyes on her I shake my head.

"Thank you for your help, Mikayla" I thanked her.

"It's okay Emraan" she answered.

"I will ask Lewis to send you back to your hotel" I said, walking with my mum, slowly.

My feet stepping on the first stair when I heard a small sob coming from the back. Looking over my shoulder, my eyes met with Mikayla's red eye.

"You made the poor girl cry" mum smacked my arm.

"That's the least I can do, I need to redeem myself, make atonement" she wipes away tears with the back of her hand.

Her cries softened my heart. Slowly she walks at my direction. Kneeling down, she joined her hand together. Tears rolled on her cheek. Her lower lip trembled.

"Please let me make amends by helping your mother, please" her eyes pleaded with me.

Rubbing my temple, I let out a heavy breath. She really regretted her mistake. Whatever has happened, it was her past. She might have repented and realize her mistake. Furthermore, she is my past. Slowly I nodded my head.

Reaching down, I hold her shoulder and I pulled her up. I forgot about all the subtle sign of seduction she send to me just now. Her pleas seem genuine. I misread the signs; it might be her sign of feeling nervous seeing me again. Yes, definitely. She was nervous.

"Stay here if that what makes you happy"

She smiles.

"Where is your manner, thank her properly" Mum said pinching my arm.

"What mum?" wrinkling my nose I asked mum. It's not easy for me to forgive her. What does mum wants me to do now?'

"Take her to dinner, young man" mum said cupping my cheek.

Dinner? No harm? Maybe we can be friends again and I can ask a women point of view with regards to Sofi. A plan formed on my mind.

"Get ready at six" I told Mikayla.

Her face lights up.