Chapter 69

Chapter 69 (unedited)

The first gunshot cracked into the air as loud as thunder. Ethan grip on the steering tightened as he saw Danny body propelled to the back and tumbled down on the road. The man who faked lying down on the road gets up. Gun in his hand.

Sofi and Alana jumped in their seat as the second gunshot rings in the air. They screamed with their hand on the ear, blocking any voice.

Hands on the gear, Ethan Sift the gear to reverse but someone broke the window and shove the gun to his head.

"I won't do that if I were you," the man behind the hoodie speaks he is the same man who was lying down on the road a while just now. With the gun in his hand, he motioned Ethan to come out. Nodding his head, he opens the door hard sending the hooded man down on the road.

"Run Ana.. Sofi... Run" Ethan screamed his heart out. His hand balls into fist and he land a punch on the man stomach.

The man was quick enough, he hold Ethan fist in his hand and twisted it back. With his leg up, he kicked Ethan stomach and shot one bullet to his chest. Ethan groaned and fell to the side of his car.

"Ethan" Ana screamed. Sofi pulled her outside, running the opposite way. She doesn't know what the man wants. If he wants their money, she would give everything in her hand now. Sofi's steps halted as the man now stands in front of her. The hood covered his face. His face downwards standing up with his leg opens wide.

Her body trembled with fear. The drizzling rain stopped. Sofi screamed but she knows her scream won't attract anyone as this particular part of the road is always deserted. Not many people use this road as this road is bumpy and most of the time lorry passes by.

Alana clutches her hand tight and they only have each other at this time.

"Listen," Sofi voice trembles. "Take our money and let us go,"

The hooded man laughs hard. Slowly, his hand went up and takes down his hoodie. Sofi eyes widen at the sight of the man standing in front of her. Suddenly she feels the earth below her slips out from her feet.

"Adhan?, How?" Sofi voice cracked.

Adhan smirked, "We can talk about that later, now... princess... come to me like a good girl, .. I might spare you friend here,"

Rage flickered in his eyes as he steps forward holding gun in his hand. He laugh bitterly as none of the women in front of him moves. Rubbing the tip of the gun on his forehead, he stopped just a few inches away from them.

When he came closer, Alana Stands in front of Sofi, guarding her. Ethan and Danny were shot protecting them and she won't cowers away now. Sofi is not alone she thought.

Gritting his teeth, he slaps Alana hard across her face.

Turning her body with her back against his chest, he points his gun at her head. His eyes narrowed on Sofi into a thin slit, menacing glare. His hand locking on Alana shoulder in tight grip, "tik tock, time is ticking princess" He shoved his gun against Alana head harder, "come with me or-," his finger on the trigger.

Alana shakes her head, tears rolled down her cheek. Her body trembled with fear.

Sofi stared directly into Alana eyes before shifting into Adhan ice-cold eyes. Adhan looks more like a lunatic right now. Her hand directly went to her stomach, while her mind thinking of the outcome. Adhan will get her whatever the consequence; he might kill Alana and get her. If she goes with him now, Alana life might be spared. Her knee feels so weak, but enough people lying on the road. Danny already shot twice and she doesn't even know what happened to Ethan.

"I'll go with you, but let Alana go" her hand forward, tears rolled down her cheek.

"No, Sofi.. run away," Alana pleaded.

"Shh, it's okay," Sofi whispered to her. "Just tell him, I love him,"

Adhan shoved Alana to the ground as a white van stops near them. He dragged Sofi inside and closed the door. Alana can see Sofi palm on the window as the van passed by her. Her gaze falls on the van registration number, but there is none.

Ethan growls caught her attention. It was a faint whimpering sound but she knows it's from Ethan. How is she going to tell Emraan that Adhan has Sofi with him?.