Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The best photographer in town is actually photographer from hell. He really made us pose and take loads of photo.

Smile

Chin up

Tilt to left

Stand like this, like that,

The last picture was epic. Del, my mum in law, sits beside me with the brightest smile, just for the photo. I do know that she didn't like the arrangement for walimah. It was not as grand as she expected. But, it all ended well.

I almost sleep in the car on the way back to the penthouse, the same penthouse I stayed last week. It's awkward coming back to that penthouse not as Emraan's guest but as his wife. We are still looking for a house nearby my workplace, but until now, it either not to my liking or to Emraan's liking. So, till then, this will be our house.

"You go up first, okay, your room will be the second room on the left when you climb up the stair"Emraan said while waking me up In the car.

"You? Aren't you coming up?" I asked groggily.

"No, Dear.. I .. I have a video call to make" he said while holding my hand and walks together with me towards the elevator.

"Okay, goodnight.. husband" I waved and walked inside the elevator.

Oh! My feet, my body all are aching with pain. Once inside the penthouse, I walked up the stairs. This is the first time I'm going on the first floor. Wait! Second room or first room. Oh, yes first room on the left.

I was half sleeping when I opened the door of first room on the left. It smelled like him. His cologne. Hmm, it's his house and so many room, he might sleep in this room once a while. It is the right room, my beg is here. Okay, wash your face and change sofi, I told myself.

After washing my face, I changed into the flower motif pyjama. And rest my head on the pillow. Weird, the pillow smells like him too. But, being too tired to think, I wished goodnight to the world. Goodnight world, see you tomorrow morning....

Emraan P.O.V

"Okay, Sir, once the land deal finalized, we can proceed with the construction of the new hotel as planned"

Mr. Ashley on the video nod and said his goodbye ending the video call.

It was supposed to be an hour video call but it prolonged half hour more. The event of the day and also the last week catching me up. Last week was the opening party for the new hotel and today, nikkah day. Since the incident in the elevator I tried to be more relaxed whenever Sofi is around. It worked!, at last she admitted that she can see me as her friend.

We should start somewhere right?. Hopefully she knows the meaning of my answer to the reporter, admitting that I have been in love with her for far too long already. Love? Might not be love, but I do see her more than a friend for now. Today, she is my wife.

Its hard going back to the house now, her being there as my wife but staying in different room. I massage my neck and my temple. Tired.

I push open the door to the penthouse. Why my room's door looks slightly ajar? Squinting my eyes, I can see a figure of someone on my bed. Small snores can be heard. I wash my face and change to shorts, shirtless. I slides in the duvet and put my head on the pillow. Sofi? Did she change her mind about the different room term? I remembered telling her that her room is the second left room, beside mine.

You know what Sofi? You shouldn't sleep on my bed. I should grab this opportunity. I props my elbow and rest my cheek on the palm and looks at her directly. She mumbled something while sleeping, turned around and locked her leg with mine. This is the first time I see her hair, curly long brown hair. Slowly, I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looks so peaceful in her sleeping form. Cautiously I touched her eyes, nose, brow, cheek and her full lips. It's looking so inviting. I pecked her lips. I closed my eyes when she rubbed her nose. Almost caught in the act Emraan, I thought myself. She nestled her head on my chest.

"Goodnight my sweet cupcake wife" I kissed he forehead and wrapped my arm around her waist and rested my chin on her head. I never feel this relaxed. Closing my eyes and letting sleep took over me, I finally found my peace and my home.

The peaceful feeling suddenly taken over by Sofi's fist punching my chest. She mumbled something, this time it's audible. Her eyes still closed. Is she having nightmare?

"Daddy... Don't... Go... Please" she mumbled.

"Sofi..it's me.. Emraan, Ouch" it's hurting me. Her punching.

"Daddy... please..." she cried in her sleep. The punching slowed. I sit and shake her slowly at first but later after her cried morphed into screaming out calling her daddy, I pat her cheek. We knocked our head when she abruptly wakes up, panting, looking around.

"Ouch, Emraan!" she glared me, tears still rolling on her cheek.

"Sofi, are you okay?" I asked while rubbing the spot where our head knocked.

"I'm Okay... what.. what.. are you doing in my room?" she stuttered.

"Your room?" I asked while pressing a button on my remote control which turned the lights in the room on.

"This is my room" I stated.

She looks around, looking confused and pat her head.

"Sofi darling, are you missing your dad in your nightmare?" I asked sitting down near her.

"Dad? Nightmare?" she asked again. Wiping her tears off and looking at the evident tears on her palms.

"Yes, maybe"

Silence in the room. Then, she moved away from the bed. Wait, what is that scar on her left shoulder? Maybe from the crash. I answered my own though.

"You can sleep here Sofi, just sleep together, you sleep in your room tomorrow" I stopped her from going to her room. She nods.

She climbed up the bed and sleep on the left side of the bed. Before resting her head on the pillow, she puts a barricade in the center. A barricade made of a bolster. I rolled my eyes up and let sleep took over me.