Chapter 70

unedited

Chapter 70

SOFI P.OV

Slowly I opened my eyes, squinting, as my eyes tried to adjust to the dimly lit room. My fingers on my forehead, massaging the throbbing pain away. Fragments of memory from my dreams reappear, worsening the throbbing pain. My scarves in not on my head, so maybe it was just a bad dream.

Scanning the dimly lit room, my brow knitted together. This is not my room, I told myself. The room is small. Consist of the bed, a small vanity desk and a two-door cupboard. There is no plush carpet or the normal lavender smell that always lingers around my room. The room is stuffy because there is no window. The only light is actually from the small lamp on the table beside me.

The stench in the room almost unbearable with unpleasant smell of dust and something metallic like. Fragment of the dreams that I had earlier becomes clearer now. There constricted feeling in my heart grew as if just the air around me strangles me.

Images of Danny and Ethan shot and Alana pleading eyes flashes in front of my eyes. Lumps formed in my throat and I felt that I'm fighting for air as my heart tightened behind my chest. I can almost feel the panic building up inside me, like a snowball in the pit of my stomach.

I tried to move my leg and that's when I know that my ankle chained to the bed post. A spot beside me on the bed dipped as someone shifted his or her body beside me.

Slowly, turning my head towards the left side, I looked down from the corner of my eyes. Sweats formed on my temple and my hearts thumping loudly.

"So, the princess awake?" the man speaks, propping his elbow on the bed.

Letting out a loud shriek, I tried to move away from than man that now I recognized as Adhan. Emraan told me that he is locked behind bars. That's one of the reason we let down the security loose a bit. Thinking of it now, it might be our biggest mistake.

Adhan pulled my hair back when I tried to move away from him. My fingers curled around his hand as I tried to loosen his grip on my hair, but to no avail. His grip on my hair got tighter.

Cries of pain leave my lips, but it makes him angrier. Yanking my hair, he pulled my head down on the pillow. Clasping my hand together, I pleaded with him.

"Please let me go, Adhan," My voice cracked.

Climbing over my body with both his leg and hand on my side, he let out a bitter laugh, loud. "Let you go?".

I nodded, looking direct into his eyes.

His grey eyes grew darker as he lowered his head down. His lip almost touches mine when he whispered, "Never,". I can feel his hot breath on my neck. His eyes studied my face intently with lust.

The fear sits on me, heavy, weighing me down more than Adhan weigh on me now. The way he speaks and look at me sends the right signal to my mind, almost crippling my whole body. One by one, the body function stop as the fear arises. Adhan has left me, standing on the side, his eyes glowers down on me.

The image of my father emerged, beside him with the evil smile plastered on his face. Evil smile you asked me? It's the smile that when you see, all the feeling and your body trembles, shrinks. Adhan smile mirrored the same as my father.

Why must I face the same fear again in my life? I have just found love, happiness and hope and now he came back to snatch I away from me. The face might be different but the heart is the same, black and wicked heart of a man. I almost can see the cane in his hand, than shifted to bottle and lastly knife.

My knee buckled, weak, my heart ached and instinctively my finger trailed towards my stomach. The light of hope that left me, came back bit by bit. As a woman and wife, I might give up, but not as a mother. I'm not alone now, this life in my body is with me, with my every fight. With a newfound courage, I fight back back the tears welled up in my eyes.

"Adhan, At least let me go to the bathroom, I need to release and refresh myself," I said. Fight I must, but now I have to work on a plan and nothing seem to work other than faking co-operation with the devil.

Adhan looks at me with a frown on his face. His hand takes out something out from his pocket. A key. He was cautious, that I can say because he walks with me towards the bathroom. Splashing the water on my face, I feel refreshed.

Resting my back on the wall, my mind wandered to Emraan. What is he doing now? Is he looking for me? If he does, how does he can find me? My phone is nowhere in sight.

"Daddy is looking for us, mummy knows that. But right now, it's only us. Mummy will fight for both of us but right now we must shake hand with the devil itself. Please be strong for mummy," my hand wrapped around my stomach.

A knock on the door brought me back from my train of though. "I'll wait for you outside. Please be like a good girl, bathe and get ready in a an hour."

A light of hope appeared when he said get ready. Is he taking me out? Or maybe he is ready to let me go?. A faint smile curved on my face.

"Get ready? Are we going out?" I enquired.

The small light of hope that I saw died instantly when he laughed. "Out? No my princess.. just get ready. As my woman, you don't deserve to question me, just follow my oder" he responded. The answer he gave from the other side of the door seems more like a warning to me.

Resigned, I nodded forgetting that he could see my reaction from inside the bathroom. A loud bang on the door startled me. "Say yes, Mater" he bellowed.

"Yes, Master" I stammered.

While taking my smile I couldn't help myself o wonder how did he plan all these. There is ladies toiletries in this room that belongs to quite a reputable brand. Could be there is this place belongs to a woman. Then might be, the woman will come back, and maybe I can be saved.

After showering, I changed into a new dress that Adhan put on the bed. The dress is short, and thigh. The peach dress just end at few inches up on my knees. It clings to my body like a second skin. Uncomfortable feeling seeped through my body as I walk out of the room. There is this uneasy feeling in my heart.

As I walk out of the room, my eyes widened in fear as I let out I blood curdling scream. There on the floor lay a motionless body of a woman beaten to death.