Chapter 54

Chapter 54 (unedited)

The cold breeze couldn't do anything to ease the tension rising from them. Neither it could calm their nerve nor soothe their flushed skin.

"So, Belinda is my cousin" Emraan paused. His blue eyes glowered in Sofi's hazel eyes, "What is going on between you and Ahmad? You left me .. scared that your curse will destroy me... is Ahmad like unaffected? Huh". His hand gripped Sofi shoulder tight, not letting her go.

"You can still marry your cousin you know" Sofi spat, "He is just a friend, that's all" Sofi paused. "Yesterday was the first time I went out with him"

"Better the last too," Emraan growled.

Their mouth close, but their eyes talks in silence. As they stand facing each other, their eyes speaks, converse their feeling to each other. Emraan hand moved, wrapping Sofi waist in soft and assuring, confirming the silent message that their eyes sends.

"Promise me Sofi, that's the first and last" Emraan whispered, his expression utterly serious.

Sofi nodded, staring into the deep blue ocean eyes. Opening her palm, Emraan took the ring and sliding it back into Sofi's finger.

Emraan slowly leans closer to Sofi, inhaling her sweet scent, flooding his senses. Unable to control himself anymore, the confrontation and jealousy added the fire inside him, Emraan holds Sofi's head in his hand and pulls her into a fiery, hungry and passionate kiss. Her body went rigid as the kiss was not something she expected from him. "Sofi" he whispered slowly. Her name from his mouth while devouring her lips sends sparks and fireworks that lit up her whole body. The worries and the difference evaporated in the air, melted away like ice on a hot summer day. Her knees felt week. Her body trembled with the pleasure of his kiss. She urged herself to push away, but the kiss felt so good, she gave in finally, parting her lips. Her hand locked on his neck, pulling him down slightly deepening the kiss.

When finally they pull apart a few moments later, their breath shallow and shaky, and their eyes opens staring at each other. Deep into each other eyes. Their forehead rested on each other. Unwrapping his hand from her waist, he laced their finger together while staring Sofi's eyes with yearning and adoration.

"Let's go back" his thumb caressing her cheek.

Sofi nodded. The confrontation and argument drained her energy. Her eyes dropping, the kiss however ignites something in her.

"My house is this way" Sofi finger, points towards her place.

Emraan chuckled, "I know darling"

Sofi squints her eyes, "How?"

"I'll answer you tomorrow," Emraan said planting a kiss on her temple.

Sofi shrugged and they walk towards her small apartment. When they finally stands in front of her door, Sofi kissed Emraan cheek and greets him goodnight.

"Oh.. im sleeping here with you tonight" Emraan said, rocking on his heel.

"No! Go back to your hotel" Sofi refused to let him in.

Grabbing the key from her hand, he unlocks the door and steps in. Sofi stands infronts of the door, weighing her option in her head. Finally, she stomped her way in as she no longer have the mood or the energy to fight with Emraan anymore.

Picking up her pyjama in one hand and her towel in another, she walks towards the bathroom. While Sofi in the bathroom, Emraan peels his clothes off leaving him with only his boxer on. Slowly the bathroom door open and Sofi came out with her eyes wide open.

"Like what you saw" Emraan smiles playfully.

"Tell yourself Em," Sofi said looking away from him.

Climbing up the bed, Sofi covers herself up to the chin with the blanket. Her eyes drooping and finally, she already landed on the wonderland of slumber.