Unknown Heroine X

Saber lay on the air mattress, tossing and turning.. this wasn't the type of bed she was used to.  She was dressed in some blue pajamas that Mikoto had gotten for her (which was better than wearing any of Kuroko's old pajamas... which looked  so sexual they should've been burned).  And her hair was down.. revealing it's shoulder length.

All in all, she looked like a regular girl staying at a friend's dorm for the night.. 

Saber wondered what it was like to be a normal girl in this time period.. to go to school.. to gain strange Esper abilities.. to write to one's parents. It was an odd perspective. Each moment the Grail Wars once again turned up, she always wondered what kind of time period she'd be summoned into.  Would she be summoned as a different class of spirit for one? What would a Lancer version of herself be like anyways? 

In any case, Saber had always been summoned as a Saber class spirit, probably because of her attunement to the legendary blade Excalibur.. and there was Caliburn of course.. but she didn't pull out that particular Noble Phantasm often..

Noble Phantasms.. powerful weapons that Servants always came with that granted a Servant their power. They were usually based around who the servants were in the legends, and knowing a Servant's legend could give a person their weaknesses too..  But the fact of the matter was, Saber's  legend.. her sword.. was so famous, any normal Servant (not Jack the Ripper) would recognize it on sight, which was why she usually chose to use a Wind Sword conjured of magic instead.

Saber sat up gingerly. Jack the Ripper.. her old Master, Shiroe Emiya, had once shown her a book concerning Jack The Ripper in 2004 during the previous Grail War... they had been talking about the present state of affairs in Europe.. well the present affairs in 2004 at least.  She knew Jack the Ripper was a serial killer who butchered 5 women and was never found..  a legend so small.. not to mention much too recent.. shouldn't have been able to be turned into a Heroic Spirit. It took hundreds of years usually.. Jack the Ripper was too recent.. 

And to top it off.. Caster.. a Pipe as a Noble Phantasm? Pipes were very old inventions of course, but that pipe bore the resemblance of a pipe from the 1920s she had once seen in a museum.  And her clothing.. a Deer Hunter's hat..  

Something was off.. Servants whose legends were far too small and recent were turning up. 

(Let it be known that it is IMMENSELY hard to create original Servant characters in this series, as thanks to Fate: Grand Order, many famous figures throughout history have already been taken so to speak, leaving very little to use. So some of these might just be considered differently summoned versions of said spirits. After all Jack The Ripper had different versions too).  

This Grail War might turn into something much different than the norm indeed.

Saber sat up looking at Mikoto's bed. And after peering through the dark night she concluded that Mikoto wasn't in bed..  it was 4 in the morning.. where would she be at this hour?"

Saber stood up slowly, careful not to wake Kuroko who was hugging her pillow and drooling into it whispering. "Sissy.. yes.. Sissy.. lick me there.."

Saber shivered with slight disgust and  looked out the window of the dorm. She could see a figure around 5'3 walking out into the night.. a girl.. Mikoto?

Saber quickly got dressed in her jacket, shorts and scarf, pulled a black cap low over her face, and leaped lightly out onto the balcony and then jumped lightly down to the street.

Saber felt she should've been proud of her stealth ability. Her combat experience had only ever been with riding head on into battle with her army roaring and following from behind.. stealth warfare? Not exactly her strong suit.