In Spirit and In Health

"Hmmm.. haaah.. so tired.." Iselia yawned as she typed away at her computer.. sitting in a large operating room within one of Academy City's labs.

All around her, many doctors and nurses were putting on face masks and gloves, washing their hands, preparing as Mikoto lay upon an operating table, dressed in a blue hospital gown, a breathing mask filled with anesthesia attached to her face, her eyes dimly open, barely conscious of her surroundings.

"You've kept her partially  conscious... why Mama?" asked Assassin, who was back in her blouse, her nonservant form, standing next to Iselia. 

"Well.. gotta do that to be able to allow the Esper power singularities to merge with Servant Magic.. I mean.. there's a reason why magic and Espers were never compatible, and that's because the AIM field clogs up the mana flow.. so if we allow her esper mind to awake and adapt.. her pathways should widen enough for both to flow."

"So you intend to complete me with this?"

23 walked forward, her skin pale and clammy as usual, her voice seeming to pierce through minds alone.

Many of the doctors took a wide berth from her, not wanting to get within range of the telepathic pain of her voice.

"Forgive me.. Creator Morgan.." said 23 serenely. "But these do not resemble the notes you had on integrating Railgun's spinal cord and other body parts into my own..'

"Of course.. this is a side experiment I'm attempting at the same time.." said Iselia. "Don't you think it'll be a waste.. for such a powerful Esper to just die? I mean.. there are only 7 of them.."

"I suppose it would be." said 23, nodding. " But we have no choice if you are to complete me."

"Not precisely.." said Iselia. "There might be a way to retain her life.. perhaps allow her body to remain after we take what we wish from her.. that experiment will be performed as we take what is necessary.. and if we succeed.. Dear Jack The Ripper here will have somebody else to play with.." 

"Hmmm?" said 23, tilting her head. 

"Of course there is but one thing that we need to make sure the experiment is possibly a success. " said Iselia with a smirk.

She reached down to a duffel bag under her desk and unzipped it. She brought out a golden sword, that looked like a smaller and thinner version of Excalibur. 

"Caliburn?" said Assassin. 

"It took a long while to find this sword.. I had a research team with me when we searched through the entirety of where Camelot used to be." said Iselia. "My dear sister Arturia lost it during one of her battles. As a result, the Lady of the Lake gave her the true Excalibur.. however, Caliburn is still powerful due to it's ability to determine the one true King."

"But what we're trying to do.." said 23. "If you're doing what I think you're trying..  she's an esper, her power does not come from skill but from immense power she was already granted.. surely she would turn out a faceless wraith."

"She already is a legend.. the Level Fives are exalted as gods among the modern population, and in the future I have studied.. Railgun has achieved more than she's even dreamed of." said Iselia. "But.. with Caliburn here.. I can improve upon her.. After all.. that future Spirit Mash Kryelight turned out quite well.. perhaps another human can achieve this.."

Iselia looked back up at her computer screen, for a minute, her reflection was visible.. a reflection that did not resemble her, but instead, resembled a long haired older version of Saber with a dark black crown. 

"My glorious Grail.. I will have it.. and it will be most grand.. Alright everyone.. it's time to begin." said Iselia, looking up from the computer screen. "Let's begin shall we? Get 23 prepped for surgery as well.. "