Chapter 6

Seeing Haruhi wear shorts and a frilly top that covered only her chest, Tamaki gaped. He just came out of the room and saw her about to come his way.

"Haruhi looks so cute!" The twins suddenly chimed from behind him. They ran towards her and grabbed her outside.

"Hey!" He was about to stop them when he suddenly can't bear it-the rapid beating of his heart and the heat rising to his face. He leaned his head on the wall with his hand to his chest.

"Tamaki, are you okay?"

He turned around and saw Yuki frowning at him. "Yuki! You're here. Did you just arrive?" He steadied his breathing and was able to talk normally.

Yuki nodded. "Yeah, but you look unwell."

"No, this is nothing." He remembered how Haruhi looked. "I was just surprised about something." He could still feel his face burning.

"About what?"

"Ah, it's not really that surprising. Haruhi is a girl so of course she'd wear those types of clothes to the beach."

Yuki nodded and smiled as he understood. "So that's why you're so flushed."

"Yuki." Mori stood beside him with his hands on his pockets.

"Hello, Mori. Did you already lock the room? I forgot something."

"Yeah, but here." He handed him the keys.

"Thanks, you two go ahead."

All the members are now in the lobby waiting for Yuki and then they would now go to the beach. In the corner of Haruhi's vision, she thought she saw a black shadow pass by and she swiftly turned her head towards it but it suddenly disappeared. She hugged herself, feeling cold.

What is this I'm wearing anyway? This shows too much skin. And what if someone from school sees?

The twins have given that to her the other day saying that she should wear that and thinking that she got nothing of her own to wear in the beach, she accepted it.

She looked up when Tamaki placed a soft warm cloth over her shoulders that covered her down to her arms. "Thank you." And she was so surprised when he hugged her burying his face on her shoulders. His face is incredibly hot. "What are you doing?" She swallowed, looking around at the other people. "But why is your face-"

"You're cold. I want to make you feel warm." His breath tickled her collarbones and then heat rose to her cheeks with her heart beating as rapidly as his which she felt with her hand placed above his chest.

"Hey, hey! What are you doing, your highness?" Hikaru came and then he and Kaoru took Tamaki by the arms, pulling him away. "Did you forget the rule Kyoya placed over all of us; the No-Keeping-Of-Haruhi-To-Himself rule?"

Haruhi frowned. "There's something like that? And that sounds so demeaning."

"Sorry to keep you all waiting!" Yuki emerged from the hallway carrying a half-filled pack bag.

"Let me guess; you filled that bag with sweets." Hikaru said with his arms crossed.

Yuki smiled sheepishly as a response.

"That's perfect! Let's go!" Hikaru placed his arm over Yuki's shoulders joyously as they exited the lobby.

They have looked everywhere but they still couldn't find Sunako. Noi, Takenaga and Kyohei have been going around the resort for how many minutes now.

"Where did she went off to?" Kyohei kicked the side of the vending machine and just then he heard a groan from the narrow space between the two vending machines. He peeked in and saw eyes glinting in the dark. It scared the hell out of him. "What do you think you're doing there?" He inserted his arm into the space and tried to grab hold of Sunako and then pull her out but she sunk deeper into the narrow space. "Hey, come out of there." His hand is still trying to reach her.

"Is there a cat inside?" One of two girls wearing swimsuits came in front of him.

"No," He said flatly. "Ach!" He felt an abrupt pain on his arm. He took it out and found it with a thin long slit showing tiny blobs of blood.

His eyes widened. Did she just scratch me?

"It is a cat." The other girl stepped closer to him and held his arm. She then bent her head down and licked the blood off it.

Shocked, Kyohei rapidly pulled his arm away. Unexpectedly, Sunako came out and her eyes were shining as she looked at the girl who still has a small stain of blood on her lips.

"You're a vampire?" She stepped closer.

The two girls just laughed and then their face twisted with disgust. "What are you? You're so ugly."

Sunako's eyes flew wide open as memories flooded in. She went back into the space then there was a loud bang as Kyohei hit the vending machine with the side of his fist. It was near to the girls enough. "Look who's calling other people ugly. You two are the ugly ones here."

Hearing that, the two girls felt offended and walked out. "What a jerk." One said.

"Sunako, come out of there. Don't mind what they said." He reached out again but that only got his arm scratched even bloody more. That made him mad instead. "Fine, rot in there!" He walked briskly towards the benches on the other side of the hallway, still watching the space as he tended on his arm.

"Kyohei! You found her?" Takenaga asked as he and Noi stopped in front of him.

"What happened to your arm?!" Noi startlingly searched her pockets for her handkerchief. She bent down and then tied it around his arm as much as it can cover.

"Don't ask."

"She already asked." Takenaga deadpanned. "By the way, you found Sunako? We can't head to the beach and leave her here."

"She's there, that cat!" He blurted out, pointing to the vending machines.

"She's in there?" Noi is filled with disbelief as she walked towards it.

"Obviously no."

"She's in between them, Noi." Takenaga came beside her and peered into the space. He almost jumped in fear when he saw Sunako. "She's in there alright." His voice shaking.

"Sunako, you can come out now. Kyohei is not around anymore."

"You think I'm the one who caused her to hide there?"

"It's possible." Takenaga leaned in close to his ear and whispered. "She possibly remembered what you did to her yesterday and instead of thrashing out at you, she's internally devastated because she's kissed by you of all people."

He rolled his eyes. "You make it sound like I'm such a horrible person."

Noi turned around to them. "Guys, why don't you go away for a while and I'll talk to her alone, okay?"

The two obliged and she turned back to the space. "Sunako, please come out. I know you must be looking for ghosts but with you there, we can't leave you and go to the beach. Not to sound demanding but you remembered what I told you about Takenaga? I really want it to happen. Please, Sunako."

Sunako looked at Noi and got her mind off the past. She stepped out and came face to face with her. Noi happily hugged her and pulled her towards the others. Ranmaru also came just in time.

"Ah, how I wish she can come with me."

Takenaga crosses his arms and lowered his voice. "Of course, she can't go with you. It will be too risky for her to make her relationship with you public."

Ranmaru rolled his eyes at him. "I don't want to listen to your lecture about proper relationships. Why don't you just make yourself a good example and date formally with Noi." He teased.

Takenaga looked away, blushing as he muttered to himself. Noi had the same reaction.

Ranmaru snickered as he walked away. "Sorry guys but I feel like not going to the beach so the four of you just enjoy yourselves. Bye!"