Chapter 21

The day is about to end and Noi is losing hope that she and Takenaga will have fun on the first day of the school festival. Guess for busy people like them, it might not be possible at all; maybe some other day. But it's still a good thing that she and Takenaga are supervising some events together. As long as she's with him, it's more than fine.

While they were doing patrols in the classrooms, they came by Kyohei and Sunako's classroom and the two are currently engaged in a fight. Noi exchanged glances with her boyfriend when they both saw the smile on Kyohei's face while he's just dodging her every attack. Sunako looks really irritated though and the whole class is trying to stop them. Kyohei finally caught her under his arm and he ruffled her hair as Sunako tried to pull herself away from him.

"Oh, what's up, guys?" Kyohei greeted when he saw them by the door; still having a hold of Sunako who stopped struggling and just blew on her bangs in irritation.

"The two of you shouldn't give much trouble to your class. Look at your classmates, they're more tired at stopping the fight than the two of you who're fighting." Noi said with arms akimbo.

"You can fight at home all you want but avoid doing that here in school." Takenaga added.

"Yes, yes." Kyohei rolled his eyes as he finally let go of Sunako who walked out of the room immediately. "Sunako!" He called at her but she didn't turn around and disappeared when she took a quick turn.

"We'll be going, Kyohei. Tell your class to wrap up for the day." Takenaga told him before continuing on with Noi along the hallway.

Rika has taken most of Haruhi's time in the afternoon when she showed her friend around Ouran High. Today is Rika's only vacant time to visit because she's also busy with student council duties at her school so she's making sure to visit every place, it was slightly a tedious task, Haruhi has to admit but it was fine as long as her friend is happy. Haruhi thought to make sure to apologize to the other host club members when she gets back there. On their way to the gate, Rika stopped suddenly.

"Haruhi, I still don't want to go home!" Rika complained taking both her hands.

"What? But the school's closing now and there's no scheduled events for the night."

"I know but can't I stay a bit longer? Or better if we go home together!"

"Uhm, the host club... I've already been gone most of the afternoon so I..."

Rika sighed deeply. "Okay, I understand. I'm sorry if I'm being such a baby. I'll just call Tenji."

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask why isn't he with you today?"

"He's busy practicing basketball for the tournament."

Haruhi just nodded. "Oh." She watched as her friend tried calling her boyfriend. "He's not picking up?"

"Yeah, he must still be practicing." She tucked her phone back to her pocket. "No worries. I'll just go home ahead now. Thank you so much Haruhi!" She hugged her friend before turning around to leave. "Bye, Haruhi!" She turned her head back to wave goodbye and watched her friend wave back before finally going back to the campus.

When Rika turned to face her front, she saw a face she had long expected to see when she entered Ouran's gates.

"Ranmaru." She just said as she stopped on her tracks. The setting sun behind him threw his tall shadow at her.

He walked towards her and stopped to leave a few inches between them. "Hello, Rika."

She smiled at him cheerfully expressing the happiness she's feeling.

"Were you here long? I haven't seen you around."

"I've been here for three hours already but I'll be leaving now. You too, as well?"

He smiled sweetly and nodded. "Yes. Let's go together then."

And so they walked out together side by side. With every step, their past catching up to them.

"Uhm, Ranmaru. How have you been?"

He swallowed before answering. "Since we lost each other? Well, I've been fine. I've grown to become so charming.

Her chest tightened and just trained her eyes down on the road. "I'm so sorry, Ranmaru." She stopped walking and just stared at his back.

"I cheated on you and I broke your heart, turning you into who you are right now." Tears started falling which she never bothered stopping. "It's not doing you any good, what you're doing with all those women and it's my fault, I'm sorry."

He turned back to face her. Her words stung as it struck him as the truth. "You did hurt me back then and I don't plan to be hurt like that again. I found a way to love and be loved without being hurt. I learned my lesson from you so I should thank you."

His words surprised her and she just stare at him with awe. After a short silence, he spoke again, this time, he's smiling. "I'm happy that you're happy with him, Rika. I actually wonder if you ever stayed with me, it would be the same? We're not really just meant to be together, it's just sad it ended that way." He turned his back to her and breathed deeply.

She found a smile crept up to her lips. "Thank you, Ranmaru." She let out a deep breath. "You may be right so I truly hope that someone will soon come and rescue you."

He smirked and turned his head slightly back to catch a glimpse of her. "Like I need rescuing." He faced forward then and strode ahead. "Goodbye, Rika."

"I do need rescuing." Ranmaru said to himself when he is finally cornered by his father's guards in a dead end alleyway. He's already tired from running so he felt like he won't be able to fight them off. He quickly took his phone and typed (My father's guards caught me. Please rescue me.) and then he placed a heart sign in the end. He sent it to Yuki, Takenaga and Kyohei.

Tamaki led Kanojo out of the hall and towards the driveway where her car awaits her. Before she went inside, she turned to face him.

"I've had such a great time, Tamaki. Thank you so much for accompanying me while I'm here. I know you are just doing what you are asked to and I'm a bit sorry for taking so much of your time."

"Please don't be sorry, Kanojo. It was my pleasure to be your companion for today. I just didn't do what I was asked; I would do it for any lady who needs my assistance."

Kanojo smiled gratefully answering Tamaki's sweet one. "Thank you."

"You're deeply welcome. I'm just a bit sad I forgot to introduce you to my friends."

She chuckled. "There's actually no need; I've already met all of them. But I actually want to see one today, though."

"Hmm, who?"

"Haruhi."

He got surprised at the mention of her name when he never heard of the two having met before. He thought of this when he saw just the person walking towards them from the gates' direction. Through impulse, he called her name and caught her attention.

"Haruhi?" Kanojo couldn't believe her eyes. The adorable girl she saw before is dressed in male's clothes. "Why are you dressed like that? Are you actually a guy?"

Haruhi looked glued to the spot she was standing on. Her eyes wide at being discovered.

Tamaki is getting frantic as well. "You mean, Kanojo, you met Haruhi as a girl?"

Kanojo turned to him. "Of- of course I did."

The three just stared at each other; Kanojo awaiting explanation.

Kanojo sat at the back of the auto heading home. She thought of what last happened at Ouran and what Tamaki and Haruhi has explained to her about the situation. She started feeling worried.

"She's closer to him than I thought." She said to herself crossing her fingers tight over her lap.