Chapter 29 (END)

One year later.

The Ouran HS festival is coming to an end. The students gathered in the school grounds where a high end concert is being held. The alumni didn't even miss it. Mori and Yuki came as fast as they can after their classes in the University and joined in with the host club members. Even Azumi, Yuri and Mia who came from a leaders' convention in Russia rushed from the airport to Ouran.

"Oh, they're here!" Yuki waved at the three ladies and is so glad to see Azumi after a whole week. He welcomed her with a tight embrace.

"How was your flight?" Mori asked Yuri.

"It's tiring. But hey!" She took something out of her coat's pocket. "I got you this." She showed a ring on her palm. "I also got one. See?" She showed her other hand and there's a thin silver ring that matches the other. "I really liked this pair when we came by a store there so I didn't hesitate and bought it." She said as she placed it on his ring finger.

"But we already have our rings."

"Don't tell mom but I don't like the ones she chose so always wear this one, okay?"

He chuckled and then ruffled her hair. "Okay."

"Pres!"

They both turned and saw Takenaga walking towards them with Noi.

"You're still calling me that? That's your title now. Good evening, Takenaga, Noi."

"We really missed you in the council. Your presence there was something to behold."

Mori just smiled. "By the way, good job with this year's festival."

"Thanks. The new council members can have all the credit." Takenaga said and then the two left to check on some few last details.

"I'm really happy for my cousin, Yuki." Azumi told him. "Ranmaru has agreed to go with her to London and study there with her."

"Yeah, Ranmaru has told us about that. We're a bit sad though. First it was Sunako who left and then now it's Ranmaru."

Azumi embraced him tightly then. "Don't be sad. I'll be right here with everyone who cares for you."

Yuki kissed her forehead. "Thank you."

Mia laced an arm around Kyoya's. "How is Suoh and Haruhi?"

"It has been a month since they left for Haruhi's exchange program and as long as those two are together, everything's totally alright."

"I'm glad." She suddenly shivered.

Kyoya's eyebrows scrunched. "Are you cold?"

"Uh, I think Russia's cold weather came with me."

"Come here." He pulled her gently into his arms then and held her tight. "Is this warm enough?"

She nodded with her head close to his chest, clearly hearing his heart beat.

While everyone is enjoying the end of the school festival, Kyohei roamed the streets after staying the whole afternoon at the old man's cafe. Even though it's a bit far away, he didn't take the bus and just walked towards the mansion, taking his time. Today's the same day when Sunako left last year and he has been desolate ever since, losing hope if she'd ever be back to the mansion as days went by.

He opened the door and headed to his room when his senses knocked suddenly at his mind. The familiar particular smell of food. He had imagined this before and this time might be the same as those times, just an imagination but still he walked towards the kitchen and found it empty, the dining hall as well when he passed by it. Deeply sighing, he headed to his room and slumped on the bed.

He's not sure how long has he been asleep when he suddenly woke up with the sound of a door opening. He oftentimes imagine it as Sunako's door opening and she being home finally but it turned out it was another of his friend's door, opening, closing and being home. This time might be the same as those times but still he went out of his room and went to her door, knocked, opened the door and found her not there. Tears stung his eyes again as he stepped inside but almost stumbled when his foot bumped over to something on the floor. He looked down and found a duffel bag. A thought came to him and he bent down and opened it. His heart stopped at what he saw- Hiroshi and the others.

"Could she be..." He jumped up and looked around the dark room. He ran out and headed to the dining area. There is food on the table and on one seat, eating alone is her.

She stopped from taking a spoonful and looked up at him. Her eyes wide in surprise. "I didn't expect someone to be home at this hour so I only cooked for myself. Are you hungry? I'm going to prepare some more." She said as she stood up and headed to the kitchen. He followed her and watched her every move: opening the refrigerator, taking out the ingredients, opening the tap. He couldn't take it anymore. This is all real. With quick strides, he went towards her and laced his arms around her from behind, resting his head on the crook of her neck.

"You're really here." He said, almost out of breath. He felt her nod. "Don't leave me again, please."

She placed her hands on top of his arms tight around her. "I won't, never again."

END

~~~~~