Chapter 23

It's the third day of the school festival and the central hall is as busy as always. The Hitachiin twins went with Yuki and Haruhi to the music room for lunchbreak. Mori went to the council, Kyoya attended to some important guests and Tamaki is attending to Ms Kanojo Mia.

"You know, that Kanojo Mia visited again." Kaoru said. "The King and she is getting closer every time."

He glanced at Haruhi and Hikaru and Yuki did the same.

"Why-why are you looking at me like that?!"

"Aren't you affected at all Haruhi?" Yuki asked her. "You may not say it but we know you have feelings for Tamaki."

Haruhi bent her head down and then clutched at her knees. "I..."

They looked at her closely, waiting for her words.

"Even if I do, even if I'm affected, I am in no place to have a say about it." She lifted her head and they were all surprised when they saw her smiling. "What I feel doesn't matter. I'm sure Tamaki is doing things for a very important reason."

"Haruhi." Yuki said.

"Let's eat! Kyoya will be angry if we won't be back after the break."

~~~~~

Mori opened the door of the council and didn't expect to see Yuri there. She's talking with Noi and Takenaga over a cup of tea.

"Oh, Pres!" Noi stood up to welcome him. "We've entertained Yuri while you're still not here."

"Thanks." He turned to Yuri. "Have you been here long?"

She shook her head. "No, isn't Yuki with you?"

Noi and Takenaga stood up.

"Mori, we'll head out for awhile." Takenaga said.

"We'll leave the two of you then. Have fun in the festival, Yuri." Noi added before they left the room.

"I will." Yuri smiled sweetly and bade goodbye to the two. "Noi is so kind."

Mori walked over to her. "You want to see Yuki?"

She nodded. "But aren't you still busy? If it's too much trouble, I can just roam around."

Mori walked towards her and kissed the top of her head. "Silly, you are never a trouble to me. Let's go."

She smiled as she looked up. "Okay."

~~~~~

In their classroom, Kyohei and Sunako are having a bout again. Kyohei won't stop chasing after Sunako who runs around the room.

"Would you just stop?" Sunako hissed.

Kyohei stood straight, hands in akimbo. "Not until you give me that knife. You might injure someone, Sunako."

Sunako has been holding on to that knife since she was assigned in the kitchen with Kyohei for today. She's been using that to keep him away. Her back is now to the door and she is willing to run out of the room even though she has to leave her duties and the chance of her classmates getting mad at her. She quickly turned to leave when she bumped into someone.

"Hey, it's not good to be waving this knife around, Sunako." That person said as he took her arm gently and put it down.

She looked up at the one with the familiar voice. "Umehito?"

"Hello, it's been a while. It's funny that we're in the same school but haven't even met once since we saw each other." He seemed to be floating when he spoke.