Chapter 13

Sunako's door closed with a long bang which he didn't mean to. He found Sunako standing near her window.

"Ms Damsel in Distress, we've been looking for you everywhere and you were just in that Nekozawa guy's house enjoying coffee." He's angry and yet he's not sure what he's really angry about.

She didn't budge. "Leave me alone. I don't want to see anyone especially..."

"Me?"

Kyohei kept a safe distance from her in case she might claw at him. The past came back to him as he heard her say the same words her mother said to him a few years ago. He looked away and bit the inside of his cheek. "I know this is about me kissing you a few days ago." She flinched. He remembered what the ghost that possessed Sunako told him on the ship.

This girl seems to be confused towards you and I'd like to clear things for her so is she important to you?

He thought. Yes, she is important for everyone at the mansion and so we'd like to keep her with us. It was never my intention to make her suffer with what I did. I will have to clear her confusion now.

He slowly strode towards her until he's standing over her and then he laced his fingers around the back of her neck and made her face him. She's looking up to him now and before she could react, he leaned his face closer to hers.

Sunako's mind raced and she can't move; blood rushing to her face and soon out of her nose but before that could happen, something cold touched her lips.

"The kiss that happened is just like this." He said and then he swept the dark curtain away to let the moonlight come into the room. She opened her eyes and saw that she's kissing a skull figure. "There was no feeling in it. Just think of it like that." He pulled it away from her and then let go of her neck. He didn't notice that she was holding on to his arm. He took it and placed it down at her side before he crossed her room towards the door.

The next morning, much to Kyohei's annoyance, Sunako's already up and about the house, joyful and seemed to float around with a light smile on her face. I guess it's better this way. He thought before heading to the door.

"Eh, you're going out?" Yuki asked him.

"Yeah, I have work. Bye."

Before Yuki could tell him to take care, he went out and shut the door.

"I guess it's just the two us here now Sunako. Takenaga and Ranmaru went on separate dates."

He followed her to the kitchen. "We should do something fun like baking cakes, dressing up teddy and..."

He stopped when Sunako shoved a shopping basket to him.

"It's Market day. Lots of sales. Let's go."

Yuki's face lit up as he took the basket. "Gladly!"

Various sale prices are placed on vegetables which Sunako didn't let to pass by. They went around the market and all in all carried three more bags aside from the basket they brought with them.

"We could do a large hot pot with this. We could actually bring out the Kotatsu!" He looked down at his basket, the only one he's carrying while Sunako's carrying the other ones. "These are a lot."

"Yuki."

He looked up when a familiar voice called him.

"Haruhi."

"Cross-dresser." Sunako suddenly spouted.

Haruhi chuckled. "Hello Sunako. It's nice to see the two of you here. You're also in for the sale!"

Sunako nodded and then smiled.

Turns out, Haruhi was also done with her shopping so the three of them went around more, trying different free tastes and ate ice cream as they started on their way home.

"This is really nice, spending time with you guys on a usual day like this." Yuki said.

Haruhi nodded and giggled. "I had fun."

"And I noticed that Sunako and you have something in common. Whenever you see amazing marked down prices, your eyes get wide with excitement and it's so cute."

"Heh, really?" The two of them laughed as Yuki made an impersonation. Haruhi had to stop when her makeshift phone rang. The two others were silent as Haruhi answered it, still walking their way.

"... hmm okay Rika. Call me again when you've got the notes from father.... you're welcome... bye."

"Was that Takasugi Rika?" Yuki asked.

Haruhi nodded. "I actually wondered for a second how'd you know her but then I realized you live together with Ranmaru."

"We never talk about it but once more than a year ago, he just let the first name slip and we worked out the rest."

Out of no clear reason at all, Ranmaru found himself at the gates of a nearby town's academy just time for class dismissals. Girls who passed by couldn't help but to stop and stare and swoon at him. He leaned on one concrete lost with his hands to his pockets and amidst the noise of different t voices, he heard a distinct one that piqued him up. Turning his head to the direction of the school buildings, from a short distance away is Takasugj Rika walking along with students who wore the same dominant white uniform. He backed away to the street and stood in the cover of a small bulletin board. She was talking animatedly to a guy with brown hair and a toothy grin. He felt a stinging in his chest when they laughed together and when she laced her arm around the guy's. They went off the other way and he was just watching their back no. Ranmaru sighed deeply to remove himself off the heaviness in his chest. Then he smiled and said to himself.

I'm glad she's happy.

He hailed a taxi and then told the driver to go back to to the city center.