Chapter 14

One afternoon at Ouran High, a group of another school's thugs was making a scene at the gates.

"What are they after?" Mori asked his member who reported. As president of the student council, he was given the responsibility to solve this problem.

"They're after Takano Kyohei."

Mori turned to his VP who's silently sitting at the couch. "Takenaga." He called and he looked up at him.

Takenaga frowned. "I'll go and fix this." He stood up and crossed the hall to the door. What did he do this time?

He met Noi at the hallway. "Where are you heading?" He said before he kissed her cheek. He's still not used to doing it as her boyfriend but he doesn't mind getting used to it soon.

"I'm going to bring these to Mori." She indicated the stack of papers in her hands. There was an evident blush on her cheeks. "I heard about the commotion at the gates. Are you going there?"

He frowned again when he nodded but then smiled at her. "I'll see you later."

When he got there, thankfully there weren't any students because they were held in by the security to stay in the school buildings. However, except for Kyohei, Sunako and Ranmaru. They were standing  behind a tall bush that completely concealed them from the thugs who're standing outside. He isn't sure why they are there but he saved the asking for later.

"Kyohei, what is this all about? Why are they after you?"

Kyohei shrugged. "I don't know. They were saying they came here to challenge me."

"Challenge the only prominent delinquent of this prestigious school." Ranmaru said. "I bet they want to see if you can go against students whose school breeds thugs."

"Takano Kyohei! Come out here, you coward!" One of them shouted.

"That bastard." Kyohei acted to come out but Takenaga stopped him.

"Sunako?" Ranmaru suddenly said. The other two peered at the gate and saw her walking towards where those thugs are. They didn't notice her leave from their side. Like a ghost.

"What is she planning to do?" Takenaga swallowed.

"Actually, Sunako is planning to cut class to buy a very limited item. I can't actually imagine what it is. But, she can't go out because of them. She must be very desperate."

"Hey you! Go back in and call out Takano Kyohei!" The one who looked like the leader shouted at her. He is a short guy, plump with an army cut hair.

She unlocked the gate and stepped out and they all told back as if waded by a dark aura. "Why don't you all go in and find him yourself?"

"What?"

"All of you should be embarrassed of the way you all are." She looked at each one of them and stared longer at the leader standing in front of him. "Now get out of my way."

He stepped away and the others did the  same as she walked past them without fear and without a care. They all stared at her and then suddenly their leader fell down on his knees clutching his chest.

"Boss!" They all called as they hovered over him. "What happened to you?"

"I-I'm..." He stammerered. "I'm..."

"What is it, boss!?"

He hit the head of this one member who shouted at him. "I'm in love, you dumbass!"

The members tumbled at the words.

"I should have her." He said more to himself.

"What could be happening over there?" Takenaga wondered. "Sunako just walked past them. That girl really doesn't fear anything."

"But they seemed scared of her." Ranmaru added.

"What? They're walking away." Kyohei stepped out of the bush and watched them disappear.

"I think I should thank Sunako later for solving the disturbance for me." Takenaga said walking back to the building. The two followed him.

The host club members are on the verge of doing their activities. Haruhi served coffee on anyone who wants them. Yuki then came later to help her.

"Haruhi!" Tamaki called as he approached. "I have good news for you."

"What is it?"

"We will be going on a cruise this weekend."

"That's great. Everyone will be thrilled."

"Everyone? It's just going to be the two of us. We've been so busy with the host club that I can't spend some time with you so I planned-"

"Without asking my opinion?" Her cheeks burned bright red.

He hesitated. "Well, I thought you'd want to go."

"I'd want to but..."

Yuki's gaze bounced back and forth between the two. "Are the two of you planning to go on a date?"

Tamaki and Haruhi quickly turned their heads towards him, shocked of what he asked suddenly.

"What?" The two blurted at the same time.

Yuki just raised his eyebrows.

Haruhi stammered. "It's not- I'm not going." She suddenly said and walked back towards the storage room with an excuse to get more coffee. While Tamaki stood still with Yuki.

"Yuki, was I really planning a date with Haruhi earlier?"

"That's what it looked like to me."

"As her dad, I just wanted to spend some time with her."

Yuki sighed, feeling hopeless and just wants to be blunt finally. "But you are not her father, Tamaki. You don't have have to think that you need to spend some time with her."

"But I want to be with her."

"Why?"

"If I'm not her dad, then I don't know. I just want to."

Yuki already saw through this already clearly months ago. "You should find the real reason why, Tamaki. That way, it won't be confusing for the both of you."

After washing up, Sunako headed back to her room to find something off: Hiroshi and the others are missing.

"Hey guys, last night." Yuki hugged his knees on the sofa. It was early in the morning of a Saturday so they just gathered and relaxed in the living room. The other three turned to look at him. "Did you hear a ghostly cry? It didn't last long but it was really scary."

The others shook their head.

Maybe Sunako turned up the volume of her TV while watching horror movies." Ranmaru suggested.

"Or maybe it was her." Kyohei said. "You know how she is when something's wrong or when something shocks her so much."

Yuki considered the suggestions. He doesn't want to believe it was a real ghost.

"By the way, where's that girl? Have she prepared breakfast, yet?" Kyohei strode towards the kitchen and found her not there.

"Guys!" Yuki called running  back to the living room after she went to check Sunako's room.

Ranmaru smirked. "What's the fuss? Maybe she's in the bathroom."

"And she brought Hiroshi and the others with her there?"

"They're also gone?" Takenaga's voice evident with surprise.