Chapter 22

Back at the mansion, Takenaga and the others ate dinner without Ranmaru.

"Should we really ignore Ranmaru's message?" Yuki asked over a bowl of miso soup.

Kyohei swallowed before speaking. "Of course, he can't run away from his father forever. If he wasn't caught now, he eventually will be."

"Kyohei's right and I don't really want to get deeper into his father's bad side."

The other two nodded in agreement while Sunako just ate silently not giving a care about the conversation.

After dinner, Kyohei miraculously helped cleaning the table and the two other guys just raised their eyebrows at him. They just thought he must be sick or something and then just retreated back to their rooms.

Kyohei went into the kitchen and brought the used dishes to the sink. Sunako came later wearing an apron and is busy tying her hair up that she didn't notice he was there. She bumped into his back, surprising the both of them. He turned around and faced her meeting her wide eyes. She was leaning back and her arms are still up holding her untied hair in place.

A few days back, he noticed that Sunako is avoiding him around the house and at school, making him think that she possibly remembered what happened but also make him wonder why she didn't run away like last time.

A stray lock of her hair distracted him from his thoughts and reached out to tuck it behind her ear but she stepped back, avoiding him again.

"I'm going to clean the dishes so please leave the kitchen." She told him and she just stood there waiting for him to do what she said but he didn't.

"I'll help you so I won't have to leave." He answered, crossing his arms over his chest.

Her expression is blank as she let her hair down and removed her apron. "Do it yourself then." And then left the kitchen.

His jaw dropped for a second in disbelief. Clenching his fists he turned around and faced the dishes. He could break all of them because of his irritation but thinking that he'd have to pay for them, he rejected the idea and just washed them harshly. "Damn, that girl."

He didn't notice he has finished washing them until he wiped his hands. "I really did wash the dishes. Why did I even bother?" He headed to his room and stopped on his way when he passed by her door. He knocked three times but there was no answer. He acted to knock again when he suddenly heard Takenaga's voice down the hallway.

"Kyohei, I thought you were asleep. If you're looking for Sunako, she's not there. She told me just a few minutes ago that she'll be heading out to meet her father."

"Alone? Where?"

"Yeah, alone but she'll only be at the gates." He smirked. "Don't worry so much." And then he made his way to the living room.

"How about you, aren't you going to sleep yet?"

"I'll wait out for her and her father. Someone from the house other than Sunako should welcome him."

"Oh." He nodded. "I'll wait with you, then." And then followed Takenaga.

"Excited to meet the father, hmm?" Takenaga teased as he sat down the couch, crossing his legs.

Kyohei just glared at him. "Call it what you want."

After a few minutes, Yuki joined them and it hasn't been an hour when they heard the front door open. Expecting and curious to see what Sunako's father looks like, but it was only she who came through the doors.

"Sunako." Yuki called as he approached her.

"Why are you all still up?"

"We waited for you to come back here and meet your father. But where is he?"