Chapter 18

Kyohei greatly regret calling Sunako before approaching her because then the guys who must be following him quickly covered her mouth with a cloth until she fell weak and then they grabbed her and carried her away from the crowd. He should've just taken her hand and ran away. Now he's running after them, bumping at other people along the busy street. He didn't let them off his sight which is easy to do now that they reached an isolated area and running along the length of the river. Minutes later, he saw them turn towards a large house and they entered, locked the door on his face.

He banged at the door. "Hey, bastards! Open the damn door!" He was at it for a few minutes until he heard a shuffling behind him. He turned and saw a large group of thugs, some carrying baseball bats with them. He cursed under his breath.

"Takano!" The boss came forward and smiled widely at him. "You dare come here!"

"Where's Sunako? I'm taking her home with me."

The boss laughed. "You're taking her home? You should hear her say she wants to stay here for the rest of her life with me, of course."

Kyohei scoffed. "Did she say that while you let her watch horror movies? You should try making her say that while it's just the two of you watching rom-coms. And if she did that, why do you have to forcefully bring her here, you fatass?"

"Enough talk!" He said with growl and then turned to his thugs. "Get him!"

A fight ensued, clearly one sided. At first, Kyohei is able to block their attacks with his win and bring some to the ground but they are too many for him to handle alone. Soon, his strength got all drained and he took every blow of fists and feet and bats. He was pinned down on the ground, totally battered. He coughed out blood and he wiped it off as he stood up. "Sunako!" He shouted as he threw a punch at one guy who aimed to hit him with a bat.

When the daze disappeared after Sunako woke up, she stood up from the bed and heard the noises outside. There's a rumble downstairs and a guy she knows is standing at the centre of it. The door opened and the she turned to face the boss.

"Hello, Sunako. I'm sorry for noise outside. Did it wake you? Don't worry, it'll be over soon."

She didn't answer and she turned back to the window again and when she heard him call her name repeatedly with every blow he give and then it suddenly stopped. He was sprawled on the ground and they continued beating him. She swallowed and opened the window.

"What are you doing, Sunako? Are you trying to get a better view? Come on now, don't mind them. Why don't we just sit down here and watch your favourite horror movies? Come here." The boss patted the seat beside him on the couch.

She turned her head towards him; the offer calling into her but the scene downstairs is calling out to her even more. She placed one foot on top of the window jamb.

"Sunako! Don't go or I'll burn your beloved Hiroshi until nothing's left!" He warned, panicking- desperate to make her stay.

She stopped. Images of Hiroshi burning make her feel agony even though it's not really happening but it will if she will not step away from the window. However, the dazzling creature is being beaten senseless below.  With her heart clenching, she silently apologised to Hiroshi as she jumped off the window and landed gracefully on her feet.

Kyohei can't tell how long he stayed unconscious but when he woke up, he saw Sunako fighting those thugs in his place. He forced himself to stand up and he found her back to lean on as he tried to straighten himself. He felt her tense.

"Hey, Sunako, how dare you leave the house without telling us first?" He asked between heavy breaths. He coughed out blood again.

She was silent for awhile. A few of the thugs are now left standing and they are cautious and hesitant to attack them. "I was looking for Hiroshi and the others when these guys suddenly came and told me they know where Hiroshi is."

A thug attacked with his bat and hit her head. She fell immediately on the ground.

"Sunako!" He shouted and covered her body with his when the thug attacked again. He received the blow and it almost snatched the daylight out of him. "Damn." He looked at her face and saw that she's conscious with her eyes closed, clearly in pain. She opened them and it looked straight into his eyes. "Come on, Sunako." He forced himself to stand up and pulled her up with him. They both now stood.

With the last of their strengths, they tried beating every last one until the boss' voice emerged. "Sunako! Stop that right now and come back to me. If you won't..." he revealed Hiroshi from behind him and on his other hand, he lit a gas lighter.

She gasped and reached out to him but she just stumbled to the ground.

"Bring her to me!" The boss ordered and she was then being held up. She shook her head and pushed the thug away from her. She fell back on her knees to the ground. "Sunako." There's a warning in his voice. She looked up at him and the fire's almost touching Hiroshi's head.  She couldn't help but cry as she just stared at Hiroshi. The word's "I'm sorry" resounding inside her head.

Kyohei saw her tears again caused by another pain. He snatched a stone from the ground and threw it at the fat guy. The boss yelped in pain as it hit his hand.

"Takano-" The boss was cut off when a guy with shaggy red hair appeared suddenly from behind him and hit the back of his head. The boss gaped at the presence and then he quickly bowed, letting Hiroshi and the lighter fall to the ground. "Ka- Kasanoda-sama!"

The red haired guy glared down at him. Kyohei wasn't able to see what happened next for he's losing consciousness and he can't hold on to it any longer.