Chapter 20

Kyohei watched her as she worked on his injuries. He somehow feels uncomfortable with her tending to him like this, plus the silence in his room. He looked out the window and only saw darkness, suddenly remembering the events of the afternoon.

"Sunako." He said and she paused but she didn't look up, instead she went back to what she's doing. "When Hiroshi was threatened, why didn't you leave and then save him instead? Hiroshi is special to you, right?"

She swallowed and searched her head for an answer. Hiroshi is special to her, then why didn't she save him, not that he was really burned down but she could've prevented it in the first place by going back to the boss' side but she didn't.

Without looking up, she just nodded as an answer.

He sighed and guessed she's not going to answer the 'why' part. She might not even understand it herself, so he just kept quiet for a long while.

The longer Sunako stayed there and eyed his wounds, heard him wince at the pain, the more she felt guilty towards him. She had not felt this towards anyone for a long time now. It seemed new to her because she has never cared since the downfall. "Why?"She started suddenly. "You didn't have to go there and get beaten like this." She kept her head down as she bit her lip.

He looked down at her, through her long bangs she could see her face. "Did you expect us to just leave you missing? You don't know how worried we all are."

The words he used 'us', 'we', never 'me' and 'I'. He's been cautious when talking to her and never pertained to those feelings of worry and care to come from him. He doesn't want her to look at him like he's doing those things for reasons other than she's a ticket to free rent. He thinks he's not worthy to be special in the eyes of others because he's not whole anymore but that doesn't stop him from looking at her in a special way.

"Do I even deserve that?"

"Sunako, just because some guy in your past made you feel unworthy of anyone's care and affection, doesn't mean that you believe you really are."

She stopped what she's doing and leaned away. "What should I believe then?" He looked up at him.

Their eyes met, hers needing honest answers.

"You went out to find Hiroshi because Hiroshi is special to you. I also went out to search for you and face trouble for the same reason." He paused. "You are special to me, Sunako." He leaned towards her. "Please believe that." And then he kissed her lips. It lasted for a moment because she didn't pull away. His heart beat even faster. He laid his hand at her back and just then she fell weak in his arms, unconscious with blood coming from her nose. A smile escaped his lips as he laid her down on the bed and then kissed her forehead before he stood and put on a clean white long sleeved shirt. With crossed arms, he walked towards the window, and thoughtfully looked back at her.

Would she remember this ever happened? He hoped she would.

The Ouran High School Festival is on it's first day. The host club obtained the rights to the central hall as their venue for their activities. There, they opened their services not just to their regular clients but to everyone including the visitors, school benefactors, parents, and anyone who enters through those large oak doors.

Every member of the host club is busy entertaining their guests; showing them to their tables and around and talking to them. They have hired a number of other people to do the serving of different types of drinks and delicacies. The twins are currently talking to their mother's friends, Yuki and Mori are showing some ladies from other schools around the hall to meet other regular customers of the host club, Kyoya with his laptop tucked under his arm is busy meeting middle aged men in dashing businessman suits who came with his father and Tamaki is looking for Haruhi.

"Tamaki Suoh."

He stopped in his tracks when he heard that voice he seldom hears directed at him. It was indeed his grandmother he saw when he turned around.

"Grandma!" He acted to embrace her but then she held a hand in front of her and glared at him.

"Don't address me like that. Tsk."

He caught himself and swallowed. Behind her stood his father who gave him a wary smile.

"Madam. I'm so glad you came." He bowed slightly and his eyes glistened when he met his grandmother's cold eyes who eventually looked away and around the hall.

She scoffed. "I can't believe you busy yourselves around these trivial affairs." She looked back at him, her eyes colder. "You better grow up."

He flinched and swallowed hard.

"By the way." She started again and turned to a young girl standing slightly behind her who he just noticed. "This is Ms Kanojo Mia." The girl smiled at him; the short pixie cut hair looked really good on her, he noted. "She's a very special friend of the family. Attend on her while she's here."

Tamaki smiled. "Of course. The pleasure is mine." He bowed then and kissed the back of the young girl's hand.

"I'll be leaving then. Ms Kanojo."

She curtsied towards Mrs Suoh. "Yes, thank you, Madam."

Kyoya saw the whole scene. He had received a little scolding from his father for not listening when he was focusing on Tamaki and the girl he's with. He clearly has a clue on what is going on especially when he remembered what Kanojo said about Tamaki and Haruhi while they were at the diner.

He adjusted his eyeglasses and focused back on the discussion with his father when Kanojo and Tamaki disappeared in the crowd.

Without Mori around, Takenaga, Noi and the other members of the student council were busy handling the different general affairs of the school festival. Mori said that he'll only be in the host club until tomorrow so they'll have to do the work for now. They don't really mind that Mori chooses the host club over the student council at some times before and now because they know the close relationship he has with the members especially Yuki.

Mori and Yuki have noticed as well Kanojo Mia's appearance in the hall but they wondered why she is alone and Yuri and Azumi weren't with her. But the more wonder is why she and Tamaki are always together. They came to ask Kyoya about it when they were able to shortly come together.

"I also don't know." Kyoya answered them, adjusting his glasses. "But you know how things are in our position in the society." He said before leaving to attend to the newly arrived guests.

The two exchanged meaningful looks at each other.

"Hmm, I don't get what he said. I really don't like it when Kyoya speaks in riddles." Hikaru suddenly spoke behind them and they turned around.

"I think I know." Kaoru said; fingers pinching on his chin.

"You do? What is it, Kaoru? Tell me."

Kaoru whispered on his twin's ear and Hikaru's eyes widened.

"Really? But what about Haruhi?" Was the first thing he said.

Yuki shook his head. "We're still not sure about that so let's just keep this to ourselves and not ask Tamaki or anyone about it."

The others nodded and they suddenly heard a click of a closing notebook behind them which could only mean Kyoya.

"Get back to work." He said and they all scampered immediately.