Chapter 25

Ranmaru opened the front doors of the mansion and went inside. He head straight to his room to change when suddenly Yuki and Takenaga came into the wide hallway from the living room.

"Oh! You're home already?" Yuki said, surprised. "I thought your talk with Yamanaka would be a little longer."

"There's nothing much to talk about." He ran his fingers through his hair. He fluttered at the memory of what happened minutes before.

"How did your conversation go? You plan on still being engaged?" Takenaga asked and clearly saw the uncertainty in Ranmaru's eyes.

Ranmaru shrugged. "Not sure."

Yuki and Takenaga exchanged knowing looks. Just then, there was a sound of loud banging on the door further along the hallway.

"Kyohei!" Yuki called as they walked towards the sound. "Would you stop bothering Sunako? She didn't do anything to you."

"Well, Yuki. I think she did something but she didn't know it would affect this guy at all." Ranmaru gave an amused smile.

Takenaga crossed his arms. "What do you mean?"

"This afternoon, I saw Nekozawa and Sunako walking together along the hallways and disappeared up to the club rooms. I don't know what they did up there but..."

He let the sentence lead them to a conclusion his dirty mind had already assumed.

Yuki's eyes widened. "Are you sure?!"

"The three of you, shut up." Kyohei said in a low growl without looking at them. His hands are now just leaning on the door supporting his body at arm's length.

"What are you doing there?"

They all turned around and found Sunako standing behind them. She's wearing her bathrobe on and tendrils of her hair that escaped the towel dripping wet clung to her neck. She nevertheless just came from a bath.

"She's right here, Kyohei. So why the hell are you making so much pointless noise?" Takenaga turned to him and turned the knob. "The door's even unlocked."

Yuki flattened his palm on his forehead. "Really, Kyohei."

Ranmaru laughed. "Jealousy could seriously cloud the senses. Ow!" He grimaced when Kyohei hit his arm hard he almost stumbled.

Kyohei strode past them and over to Sunako. She didn't take a step back even when he stood so close to her.

"I need to talk to you." He said and without waiting for her answer which is definitely a 'no', he took her hand and pulled her along the hallway and into his room.

"You..." Sunako started as she looked at him closing the door. "Why?"

He pinned her to the wall then with his body; his mind devoid of the fact that underneath her bathrobe, she's totally naked. He bent his head down to her ear and just breath, trying to calm himself before speaking. He felt her tense all over and then when he leaned away saw blood staining her white bathrobe.

"Gah." He pulled away as he figured something. He was just seconds away from causing her to faint. Stepping back, he let her slid down the wall and sat on the floor. "In order for me to have a conversation with you, I should avoid making you faint, so I'll keep a distance but please talk to me." He felt the desperation in his voice.

She looked up at him and then quickly stood, bolting up to the door but he's quicker. He took her hand and pulled her to the bed, made her sit down. He pulled a stool from one corner and sat, facing her, his back to the door.

He sighed, exasperated. "So answer me, what's with you and Nekozawa? Why did you go with him just to run away from me? I could accept other ways but not that." He said in one breath.