Chapter 11

After a few minutes, they started preparing the table as she served the food she prepared. When done, they excitedly sat down and smell the delicious aroma.

"It's been a while since we ate your delicious cooking, Sunako."

"Yeah, the last ones you prepared were awful I couldn't eat them." Kyohei added.

Takenaga snickered. "You had an unexpected fasting last week."

"Last week?" Sunako echoed to herself; not getting what they're talking about.

"Yeah, thankfully Kyohei kissed you, Sunako and you turned back to your old self!" Yuki was smiling jovially but it slowly faded when he saw the oh-no-you-said-it expression on the other's faces. They quickly turned to Sunako who is greatly stupefied.

Kiss?

Her body went still and as if with a just a flick of the fingers, she wailed in agony, clutching her head, kneeling on the floor.

"Sunako." Yuki called worriedly kneeling close to her. She shrugged his hand away and limped back towards the room.

"Don't go after her, Yuki." Takenaga told him when he was about to follow her. He sighed. "So she has forgotten about it over the weekend and remembered it just now. We should've been more cautious." They could still bear her wailing in the hallway.

"I'm sorry." Yuki sat back on his chair.

"What do we do with her now?" Ranmaru asked over a bowl of soup. Yuki stood up and placed his hands over the backrest of the chair.

Kyohei's spoon clanked against the plate. "Just let her be! Being so fussed over a kiss." This shocked everyone.

"Kyohei, what's wrong with you? Don't you get that it's a very delicate subject for her? A kiss is an expression of love, that's what almost everyone believes, including her even though she's like that. Then you did that to her which made her remember that one time she was close to being in love and we all know how that ended." Takenaga explained.

"She doesn't want to feel any of those feelings anymore." Ranmaru felt sad. "How tragic for a young maiden."

They fell in silence and heard a loud bang as she slammed her door shut.

Takenaga sighed. "But Kyohei's right, we should let her be for now."

That night, when everyone was asleep, Kyohei is still awake. He can't get over her reaction when she knew. He got up and walked out of his room and stopped, facing its door. Her wailing has stopped. He turned the knob and found it unlocked. She was lying asleep on the floor; tears stained her cheeks. He crouched near her and carried her to the bed. He laid her down gently and brushed a lock of her hair from her face. She twitched a little and a bit startled, he got up. Before he went out, she woke up suddenly and threw a pillow at him; shouting at him to get out. He caught it and threw it back to her then ran away.

Sunako dreamt that night: Hiroshi and Josephine kissing and then Hiroshi and the others hating her for doing just the same with Kyohei. When she woke up, she repeatedly said sorry, kneeling in front of them.

When Kyohei and the others came home from school the next day, they went immediately to Sunako's room to check on her. Yuki knocked but she didn't answer, instead there was a loud bang like something hard was thrown on the other side of the door. They took  that as a sign that they shouldn't bother her so they just scooted away from the door.

That night, Sunako had the same dream.

In the morning, Kyohei went back to her room and found her not there. He entered and stood in front of the skeleton and anatomy models placed in one corner. He stared out at the skull-where the lips are supposed to be.

Haruhi got home just in time before the rain started pouring. She went inside and found herself alone- her dad still hasn't returned from work.

She was about to change her clothes when suddenly a thunder struck and she immediately hid herself inside the closet. Clutching her knees and covering her ears, she stayed there hoping for it to stop already.

In a matter of a few minutes, Tamaki is now standing in front of the building where Haruhi's apartment is. He walked up to her door and knocked but there was no answer. He turned the knob and found it unlocked; feeling a bit guilty that he's entering her house without permission. He could see her angry face in his mind. He repeatedly called her name but still there was no answer. Walking further in, he got spooked out when he heard a voice from inside a closet at his right.

"Who's there? Is that you dad?" The voice asked.

His eyebrows scrunched. Dad? "Haruhi, is that you? Why are you in there?" He took both of the handles and tried opening it but it won't budge.

"Tamaki, What are you-" the thunder struck and she screamed.

"Haruhi! What's happening in there?" He paused in realisation. "Haruhi, it's not good to stay in there, you'll suffocate. Come out of there, please." He tried opening it again but to no avail. "Please, Haruhi. Dad's here, I'll stay with you." A few seconds in, and the cabinet door opened and seeing her so afraid seemed to break his heart. She looked up and he saw her big eyes full of fear. Just then, there was lightning once more and a louder boom of thunder. She sprang towards him, arms wide open and then hugged him so tight. She dug her face into his chest and couldn't help but cry.

They tumbled on the floor and Tamaki wrapped his arms tightly around her, nesting his cheek on the side of her head. He felt a great sense to protect and take care of the girl so fragile.