Chapter 5

I slipped into my pyjamas and laid in bed. All I was thinking was I spent the night hanging out with Sal Vulcano! And he said he wants to do it again!!! Sal is literally the only friend I have around here so it's quite nice and the fact that I've loved him for years this is even more amazing!

***
The next morning I woke up from my bed, with the winters sun peeking through my curtains. My sister ran into my room with the most excitement I've ever seen.
"Emily its snowing!!!!" She said dancing around the room.
"Nice!!" I said. She tugged me out of bed and ordered me to get dressed so we could play.

I got my hoodie and leggings, hat scarf and gloves and ran outside in the snow with Jessie. We threw snowballs, made snowmen and snow angles.
"Can you ask Sal to play with us?" She requested.
"I don't think he'd want to~" I said until she already started trudging over to his house. I quickly followed as she began to knock his door.
I stood there placing my hands on her shoulders. The door open, and Sal's face lit up when he saw it was me.
"Would you like to play in the snow with us?" Jessie politely asked him
"You don't have to if you don't want to" I whispered to him. Sal locked his eyes with mine and smiled.
"I'd love to, I'll be right there!" He answered. I couldn't hide my huge smile!
Sal eventually came out building a snowman with Jessie. She loved spending time with Sal and so did I.  I still fancy him but I was never going to tell him that, especially not now.
I stood out of the way until Sal launched a snowball at me with a smile.
"Well I guess it's a snowball fight!" I said to him launching one back. We had a snowball fight for a while until Sal pushed me onto the ground. Our eyes admiring the others. Our smiles growing wider. I then got up and ran as Sal chased me. He picked me up and spun me around and placed me back to the ground, where my feet crunched against the snow. He held both of my hands and waved them about for a bit. We both shared a smile.
"Emily! Jessie!! Come in it's too cold!" My mum shouted, noticing me and Sal afterwards. She quickly closed the door with regret.
"I guess I have to go!" I said to him, not letting go of his hand.
"Well.." he began with another nervous look. "Let me give you my number so we can arrange to meet up again!" Sal told me with a smile.
"I'd love that!" I replied, getting out my phone.
We exchanged numbers and left eachother to go back to our houses. I checked my phone when I got in and saw Sal had text me.

Sal: hey :) xxxx