Chapter 22

"Oh sorry.." Melissa said.
"No worries I have to leave anyway" I said to Sal, getting off his bed.
"Emily... please don't go!" Sal begged.
"I'm fine anyway, bye" I said, walking out of the room holding back my tears. There was a part of me that was going to forgive him but when I saw her walk through the door, all  those feelings came flooding back. I ran downstairs to see my mum talking to Joe and Murr.
"Hey Murr thanks for helping me... and Joe!" I said to them with tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Whats wrong?" Connor asked me.
I heard Sal running back downstairs.
"Emily! Stop!" I shouted. He grabbed my hand. He also began crying. "Look I love you so much! I never loved anyone as much as I love you! Melissa moved in because Q said she could! I lied so this wouldn't happen! I wanted to protect us from this!" Sal said, holding onto both of my hands.
"Don't do this here!" I begged him.
"No I will. Emily... I love you more than anything!!" He said to me.
"But Melissa... there must be something between you!" I pointed out.
"No! She's leaving anyway... back to Europe with her BOYFRIEND!" He said to me. That must have been what he was trying to tell me all along.
"But why was she here??" I asked.
"Because she visited New York then missed her flight!" He said.
I was so embarrassed. I've never felt more stupid and humiliated before in my life. I couldn't bare to turn around to see Q, Murr, Joe, Connor and my mum behind me.
"Do you forgive me now?" He asked.