Chapter 27

Murr pulled up a chair and sat next to Sal. Sal looked quite annoyed as he was about to tell me something but he didn't mention it. Murr called over the waitress.
"I'll have the cake of the day please!" He ordered. "Hey guys!" Murr added.
"Hey" I replied back.
"What are you two doing here?" Murr asked us.
"On a date!" I told him. Murr laughed for a bit
"You treat her to a fast food restaurant instead of a posh restaurant!" Murr said to Sal, taking the muck out of Sal. Sal let go of my hand and looked down to the floor with disappointment.
"Hello! I'd much rather have a cheese burger than some weird food I can't even pronounce!" I said, grabbing back Sal's hand. He gave me a warm smile.
"Told you!" Sal said to Murr.
"I'll be right back!" I said, going to the bathroom.
"Seriously, you think she actually wants this? This cheese burger represents your relationship" Murr said attempting to annoy Sal.
"Exactly! Simple yet nice!" Sal sarcastically replied back.
"Take her on a real date!" Murr urged him. Sal pretended Murr's comments didn't annoy him, but they did. Those words kept replaying in Sal's head. I returned from the bathroom and sat back down. The waitress gave Murr his cake. It looked lush. It was a chocolate brownie sponge with hot chocolate sauce and cream. I could feel my mouth watering and Murr noticed.
"Want some?" He offered me.
"No it's fine!" I replied trying to be polite. Murr pushed the plate towards me with the fork. "Okay I will!" I said. I took a bite. "That's lush!" I replied.
"Can we have 2 forks!" Murr requested to the waitress. She came back with the two forks and we ate the cake.

After we finished Sal decided to go for a walk. He was very quiet and looked stressed. I held his hand, but he wouldn't make eye contact. I attempted to make conversation but he would just nod.
"What's wrong!?" I asked, taking a break from walking. He was face to face with me now.
"Nothing" he replied. I knew he was lying so I gave him an unconvinced look.
"It's just what Murr said. And if you wanted cake you should've said!" Sal said to me. I was so confused.
"What?" I asked.
"Well you asked for the burger but then a cake comes along and that's what you would rather!" Sal said, still making no sense.
"What are you talking about??" I asked him.
"Murr said that the burger represents our relationship and it was just plain and simple and yet the cake represents our relationship with Murr and you preferred that!" Sal said.
"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I skipped breakfast so I ate more! And our relationship isn't plain.." I began.
"I should've taken you on a proper date! Not ice skating then a fast food restaurant!" Sal said, doubting himself. He looked down at the ground but I used my hand to tilt his head back up to mine.
"I loved going ice skating! It was fun and quality time with you! And I hate posh restaurants where you have to eat posh and order posh foods. I'd much rather a cheese burger. But my perfect date would be staying in with a pizza and a film!" I admitted. Sal smiled.
"That's my idea of a perfect date too. Just to chill out!" He said.
"Exactly. Who cares what Murr thinks! He was just trying to wind you up!" I told Sal.
"I love you so much!" He said to me.
"I love you too!" I replied. He placed his hands on my neck and gave me a kiss.