Chapter 29

2 Days Later (Emily's Birthday)
Emily's POV

I laid in bed, hearing the cheerful chirps of the birds outside. The sun, creeping in through the window, only specks of dust visible. I could hear mumbling under the floorboards and something approaching my room. I pretended to be asleep
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My family shouted.
"Thank you" I replied, sitting up in bed. They all gave me hugs.
"Hurry up and get dressed! Time for presents!" My dad said as they all left the room. I followed my instructions and ran downstairs. I sat on the cream carpet and opened all my gifts. There was a knock at the door so my dad answered it.
"Hello, don't tell Emily I'm here, but can I come in?" Sal whispered.
"Sure" my dad replied.

I was sat down on the carpet when I heard a voice say "surprise". I turned around and saw Sal stood there with presents. He dropped them to the floor as I immediately bounced up. He picked me up and spun me around.
"Hey gorgeous" he said, holding my hands.
"What are you doing here?!" I asked excitedly.
"You don't think I'd miss my favourite girls birthday do you?" He said with a smile and gave me a kiss. I wrapped my hands around his neck as he rested his hands on my hips.
"Ooo and I got you presents!" He revealed. I gave him another kiss and sat down to open them. "Oh and the other guys wanna come round as well! Especially Murr" Sal told me. I nodded as I opened his card. Inside he wrote a poem for me reading

Emily,
Have I told you how much you mean to me?
If not I just want to say I love you for eternity
Hope everything is perfect for my baby,
Happy birthday and have a great day xxx

"Aww that's beautiful" I said kissing his cheek. My family was still sat around and I know Sal felt slightly awkward but my family didn't mind. He then handed me a a bag with a necklace and earrings which I loved. Then he handed me a box. I opened it up and it was a simple box where you could store jewellery. I began to get really emotional and start crying on Sal's shoulder. He knew why and he held me tight.
"Just like your great grandmothers one!" He said.
"I can't believe you remembered" I said to him.
"Well when you found it all those months ago in town, I went back that night and bought it!" He explained. He wiped away my tears, they were happy tears. I opened up the box and found a note reading dinner? 
"When?" I asked Sal.
"What you doing tonight?" He asked me.
"Nothing" I replied. "Then tonight" he answered with a smirk.
"Well we were planning on taking her to dinner" my dad said.
"Why don't I treat us all!" Sal suggested. "Dinner tonight! On me!" He said. I knew he was trying to be nice to my family but I really didn't want this to happen! My family is quite embarrassing!!
"Yes! Thank you" my mum said.
"Why don't I meet you there? 8?" Sal said.
"Well I can come with you!" I said to Sal, pleading with my eyes. He could tell this and let out a little laugh.
"Sure!" He agreed, stroking my bare arm.
"Can't wait!" My family said in unison.
'This will be a long night!' I thought to myself.