Chapter 18

Q's POV
I helped Melissa sort out her stuff but I was still surprised Sal let her stay. I got Emily's number a few days ago and I wanted to make sure she was alright about all this. So I gave her a quick text
Q: hope you don't mind Sal's ex staying here! See ya tomorrow 😁
Although that text sounds quite strange I knew she would be alright with it.
Emily: was she the one by the door? With straight black hair?
I had no idea why she asked.
Q: yeah
Emily: okay thanks :)

Sal's POV
I felt really bad about lying to her. She suddenly text me
Emily: just an old friend? Not an ex or anything?!
Why was she asking. I didn't want to lie to her again but I didn't want her to fall out with me so I lied again.
Sal: just a friend

I laid on my bed with my head in hands hating what I have just done. Q stormed into my room.
"You alright Sal?" Q asked me.
"No. I lied to Emily!" I admitted.
"Why? About what?" Q asked me.
"I said Melissa was just an old friend" I told him. Suddenly Q turned pale.
"Oh no! I'm so sorry!!" Q began. "I told Emily she was your ex.." Q explained.
"What why?!?!" I shouted. "That's why she asked me just then!" I realised.

Emily's POV
I sat on my bed, under the sheets, wondering why Sal lied to me. 'Does he still love her?" I thought to myself. There was some reason he didn't tell me. I didn't text him back as I was quite mad at him. I placed my phone on the bedside table and went to sleep.
The next morning:
I woke up checking my notifications on my phone. There was one message from Sal that he sent 10 minutes ago.
Sal: do you still wanna come round today? xxx
I hated being lied to. I would've understood if his ex stopped by and left. But the fact he hid it from me made me suspicious.
Me: sorry I have other plans
I lied to him. I was planning on just staying in and now our relationship was rocky I didn't want to see him.

I went downstairs and left my phone upstairs and got some breakfast. I joined the rest of my family as they turned on the TV. They put Impractical Jokers on and it was Sal's turn.  I snatched the remote off my mum and turned it over and slammed the remote back onto the Oakwood table.
"I've never seen you turn off impractical jokers... especially Sal's challenge!" My mum said with a shocked expression.
"I just don't want to watch it!" I snapped. My sister turned it back on again as she loved impractical jokers too.
"Turn it off!" I shouted. She refused. I looked up at the TV watching him and I could feel a tear in my eye. I ran upstairs and slammed my door. I looked outside of my window and saw Sal with Melissa outside as they were leaving the house together. I began crying and I sat on my bed, with my knees on my forehead.