Chapter 7

It was around 6pm and I was sat in my bed going through some old photos as I heard something outside on the terrace, outside my window. I was very scared as I heard a thump followed by footsteps. I panicked as I saw an outline of a body figure. The shadow approached the door of my bedroom where the terrace was. A gentle tap was heard. I slowly walked up peering out of the curtains and saw a familiar face. It was Sal. I opened up the door.
"What on earth are you doing here? On the terrace?!" I asked him welcoming him in as he had snow covering him.
"Well... I bought you a little picnic!" He said holding up a brown basket. My dad heard voices and opened my bedroom door to see Sal stood there with a basket.
"What's this?" My dad questioned.
"I bought Emily a picnic" Sal explained.
"Okay then! Don't make a mess" my dad said closing the door. I could see the nerves leave Sal as he released a smile.
"This is amazing!" I said to him, throwing the photos on the side to make room on the bed. I sat down  and Sal sat on the opposite side facing me.
"So I got strawberries, grapes, a few sandwiches, crisps! Everything" he revealed opening the basket.
"Thanks Sal" I said to him taking a grape.
"Well you deserve something nice!" He said to me with another gorgeous smile.
We ate some and then we had some strawberries. Sal took a little bite out of one.
"Em you have to try this. This is the best strawberry" he joked. He fed me the strawberry, becoming close to my face. I then fed him one and laughed at his face when he stumbled upon a sour tasting one. He then fed me a strawberry and leaned in for a kiss....when my door kicked open. It was Jessie. Sal took the strawberry back after I took a bite and wiped his hands and sat back up. Jessie totally ruined the moment.
"Sal is here!!!" Jessie shouted.
Sal gave her a smile then looked back at me again she ran up and sat in the middle of us.
"Hello" he said to her. I loved Jessie as she was my sister but she picks her moments!
"What are you doing here?!" She asked very excitedly.
"I bought a picnic for Emily" he explained but Jessie took some strawberries.
"Can we play in the snow tomorrow?!?" She begged him. I looked up at Sal.
"Sure!" He said. Jessie ran out the room screaming to tell my mum. Sal kept looking at my hand and slowly moved his hand to cover mine. We actually held hands until Jessie came running back in, tugging my mum with her.
"So this is true!" My mum said looking at me and Sal, noticing us holding hands. She fixated her yes until Sal noticed and let go out of embarrassment. My family was a bit forward and over the top.
"Well I best be off!" Sal said.
"But you'll play tomorrow?" My sister asked. He looked at me then agreed.
"Bye Em" he said with a wink and then said goodbye to my mum and he left. As soon as he went outside he texted me
Sal: can't wait to see ya tomorrow xxxx

I looked outside to see him peeking in smiling. I nodded and texted back
Me: same xxx