Those Baby Blues '19'

Dark's Pov

Since Anti was a stingy, only he got to ride with her. We were all heading to the park which was an hour away. Suddenly, Jack's phone rang. He picked it up with a smile.

"Ja-" He was cut off by whoever was talking. Mark looked confused. "Put it on speaker?
"Shh shh.. Its going to be ok.." "I never thought I'd say this.. But put Dark on the phone..."

My eyes narrowed, confused as Jack passed the phone back. I leaned up to grab it and could feel how panicked Anti was through his phone. I was irritated until I heard her crying loudly. "Where are you?" "Near the Starbucks.. There was an accident and I didn't act fast enough.."

I dropped the phone as I teleported to his location. The red flame around me dispersed immediately as I looked down at her.

Her eyes were shut firmly as she held onto her calf. Anti looked from her to me, clear panic in his eyes. "Can't you use your powers or something?!"

I narrowed my eyes on him. "What makes you think I'd do that?"  Anger swelled up in him as he stood up, his body now glowing green. "She has gone through hell because of you. She has housed and cared for both of you. The least you could do is fix her ankle!"

Observing him, I noticed that I couldn't read his mind or power. I decided to test him. "She's a halfbreed. It isn't in my place-"  WHAM

I took a step back, dazed from the punch to my jaw. Not going to lie, it hurt. But it didn't make sense. I've fought Anti thousands of times and never once has he landed a punch that actually hurt.

Shadows covered his eyes. "Heal her. Do it now or I won't hold back."  The aura turned black as he glared at me.

I sighed, bending down to eye level with her. Irritation welling up inside me.  I've known Anti for years. I see the appeal of this girl but when it all comes down to it. She is just a mortal. She is just an object. Why am I stooping to this level?

My hand touched her ankle and she let out a howl, her hands covering her mouth as she sobbed.

Even if she is half-demon.. She's still weak.

Red swirls danced from my hands to surround her body. They glowed crimsion as the scratches on her body dispersed. Her ankle took longer and more power to heal.

But it healed. She gasped for air as she felt the cool sensation. A smile graced her features as she looked at me. "Thank you so much!" She's only mortal.

-
Y/n's Pov

After the acident, we met up with Jack and Mark, who were both worried about me. Dark has been quiet ever since he helped me.

I knew what he was thinking. I could read his mind when he let his emotions get to him.

"Y/n!" My eyes turned to the fluffy green boy as he engulfed me in a hug. "I'm glad you're ok. You had me worried sick."

Before I could react, his lips were on mine. Tender and care mixed with worry and fear. Warmth spread to my face as he pulled away.

I glanced at Mark and Anti who were both smiling at me. "What?!"  Embarrassment took over as I scolded them for staring and scolded Jack for doing something like that in a public place.

-

"Rest now. I'll be right back."  I curled up in a ball on their bed. They hadn't been in my life for long, but they treated me like I was a family.

A small smile crept up on my face as I buried my face in Anti's black pillow.  He went to see the ilpliers off, since their house renovations were complete.