-roman-

I was hanging in the tv area with Dean, watching some tag team competition. "So have you talked to her?" I shook my head, knowing that he meant Nikki. "Besides even if I did, what would I even say? She always has golden boy, Cena by her side."

He chuckled "You'll find a way.. You always do." I nodded, thinking back to my conversation with Kurt. I asked him to give Nikki a match. John sure as hell wasn't going to. Kurt was hesitant at first but eventually, he agreed. I just hope she doesn't take it the wrong way.

"What is your problem?!" Dean and I turned around to see a angry Nikki walking our way. "I'll see you later, man." Dean walked out, leaving me with Nikki.

"Nikki, listen-" She scoffed. "Listen? No, you listen! You had no right to do what you did!" I nodded "I know, but-" "Roman, there is no 'but'. You shouldn't have gone to Kurt asking to give me a match. It isn't right."

"Well what else was I supposed to do? Wait until next wrestlemania to see you wrestle.. I see the way you look at everyone around here, you are dying to get in that ring.. I just want to help you."

She rolled her eyes and then looked at me. "That's what you don't get.. You can't be helping me.. I can't accept you helping me.. It's not-" "Not what? Right? I don't care about what's right or wrong, all that matters is that you are doing what you love and that you are happy."

She sighed and turned around. "See? You can't keep saying those things to me.. You can't keep saying things that make me remember us.. You can't say you want me to be happy.. You can't do these things for me anymore."

I looked at her, confused. "Why? Because they remind you of us? Is it so bad to remember us?" "Yes! It is.. I'm with John now.. Remembering us makes me think about things that both of us know can't happen.. And probably won't."

I nodded at her, understanding her but not entirely. She stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around me, laying her head on my chest. "I appreciate all of it.. You have absolutely no idea." I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

"Nicole-" We quickly jumped apart when we saw John walk in. He looked at Nikki then at me. "What's going on?" Nikki looked at me "Nothing, me and Reigns just bumped into each other.. Let's just go."

I watched as she walked away, John's arm on her shoulder..

Turn back and look at me.. Do it Nicole! Damn it! Look at me!

She slowly turned around and gave me a quick look before they walked off.