-roman-

I turned down the hall and opened the door to my locker room, finding Dean on the couch.. "Don't you have your own locker room to be at?" "I do but I just had to stop by and see where your head is at."

I nodded.. In all honesty, I don't even know where my head is at right now.. But there's no way I'm letting Dean know that.. "My head is right where it needs to be."

He chuckled "I find that hard to believe.. Especially after that whole thing out there." I turned towards him. "What whole thing?"

I already where this is going. "You and Nikki.. I mean John too but.." "Dean, stop.. There is no me and Nikki." Dean looked at me as I ripped my gloves off.. "I wonder why."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He shrugged "There's a reason why you and Nikki aren't a thing anymore." "You know the reason why.. And we're not gonna talk about it."

"I don't mean that.. I mean, yea what happened the first time around plays a major part.. But what I just saw out there, aren't two people who hate one another.. I saw two people that might want to give it another shot."

I let that sink in but shook it off.. "Dean, even if I wanted to.. She's with John." He nodded "That's the point, I'm trying to get to.. She's with John but is she happy? And word around here travels fast, Johnny boy is ready to tie the knot."

I clenched my hand, the thought sending a painful sensation through me. "Some rumors don't mean it's true." He looked at me "I remember you said the exact same thing when people questioned whether you cheated or not."

"Dean, what's your point?" "My point is, you let Nikki go once.. Don't let her go again.. Because if the rumor or whatever you want to call it is true, she's gone.. For good this time."

I felt him pat my back before he jumped of the couch and walked out the door.. His words ringing in my head..

"She's gone.. For good this time."