Chapter 38

Niall's POV*

  She stood tall, smiling as she read the text, I'm assuming, that I'd sent her. It wasn't anything that big, simply just..

  ' Hurry your butt up!  we reallllllyyyy need to talk :('

I sat in the spacious airport, waiting as she claimed her bags before she even noticed me sitting here. It's Saturday and Luke had to work, which means that I could pick her up. It'd give us some time to talk too.

  I don't know how I'm exactly going to tell her everything, but she needs to know. She deserves that at the least.

  "Niall?" She chuckled, dragging her blue suitcase behind her.

  "Yes? Something wrong, miss?" I surpressed a smile, biting on the inside of my cheek.

  "No, I was just curious to see why you were here and not Luke?" I mentally cringed at how she speaks of him. Of how she's sounds so innocent. How could he do something like this to her?

  "Well, my friend-"  She smiled, and I let a small smile show too. "-He had to work, so I said that I'd come." I stood up, and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, trying to force myself to put a little distance between us, but I had to just get the smallest touch. So I leant in carefully, placing a small kiss to her cheek. Just in a friendly manner.

  Her cheeks blushed and she slapped my arm. "Just friendly, love." I reminded her, biting my lip to control a wicked smile that was ready to burst.

  "Whatever." A smile was present in her voice as she talked. "Let's just go."

  I grabbed her suitcase from her grip, rubbing her arm slowly. How the hell am I supposed to break this to her with out her getting mad at me or crying?

  Over the time that had passed that I'd been in the airport, it had started to rain. More like pour, really. It bouced like small beads off the pavement at our feet as I pulled Khloe closer to me, guiding us quickly to my car.

  We carefully, yet quickly crossed the little drive way area, making sure there were no shuttle buses entering or exiting.

  "Uhh... are you okay?" She asked once I had opened that car door for her. It began to rain harder, so I quickly nodded and shut it. I then put her bag in the trunk before stepping into my side.

  The water pelted the glass, making it echo through the small space. Little goosebumps had filled the skin on her arms. She smiled big as she shook out her damp, long, light brown hair, her big brown eyes watching out the windshield as I wiped myself dry and put the car in reverse.

  It was silent for a little bit, the only sound being the rain that was soon swept off by the wipers. We had about an hour ride since she had decided to go to a 'not-so-popular' airport outside of town so that way it wasn't as expensive. And with in that hour, I had to find a time to break the news where we still had plenty of time to talk, but not too much where I'd have to either sit and listen to her cry (which would break me) or listen to her yell and agrue with me (which would also break me).

  I hadn't even realize that I was staring at her until her the corner of her lips up turned, her eyes still looking out the passenger window. "Yes?" It was so different to actually hear her voice in person again.

  I cleared my throat, casting my gaze quickly back onto the highway. "Nothin'." In the corner of my eye I could see Khlo nod slightly, and turn her body towards me. "Are you still cold?" I glanced down to her, a smirk still on her pink lips.