Chapter 8. Moonbeams

{Location: The Tomb of the first spinjitzu master}(Lloyd's POV)

"I am so bored. Can we see if she still there?" I pout as Rosie points to her forehead in annoyance. "Oh right."

Kai plays holo-checkers with Kit as Morro is trying to get a signal for the millionth time. "Maybe the others will know where we are."

"As far as they know, we're still in the Cloud Kingdom." Katara mindlessly makes fireballs as I feel like nodding off. It's been close to three hours and Zara has us cornered. "And we can't exactly get cell reception underwater.

Rosie sighs in boredom. "I hope Cole, Seliel, and Skylor are ok."

Morro pauses in his search for a signal, "Wait, do you hear that?" He titles to the sound.

"No," I roll my eyes. "Because not all of us have wolf ears." I tended to get really salty when I had to wait.

"I know Green Bean." He returns the saltiness, "I hear Ronin's whistling."

Rosie frowns. "What's Ronin doing here?"

"You've met Ronin?" Kai hits pause on the game as Kit looks into her sword. "When?"

"A while ago. And he wasn't a barrel of laughs then too." Rosie frowns as the stone door opens. Sure enough, Ronin is there with a bucket and a chisel. "Hey, guys. What are ya doing here?" Ronin tries to hide his tools.

Kit sighs. "Long story. Can we get a lift?"

"Sure. Got cash?"

"We're ninja," I protest and fold my arms. "We don't even have pockets."

Morro puts his phone away as he hops down. "And even if we did, we're broke."

Ronin points to Morro's wolf features. "Umm..nevermind. I don't even want to know about that."

Katara shuffles in one of her pockets, "Will this work as payment?" She holds up tiny red jewel.

"Let me see." Ronin takes it. "Yup."

Rosie sticks her foot in the door and holds it open as Kit skips out to R.E.X. who was in current need of a paint job. "Good, we have a long trip to take."

Morro looks more scared of the water R.E.X. is floating on. "What a piece of junk."

Ronin folds his arms as Kai walks in. "Hey, that piece of junk can make the Ninjaball Run in 120 miles per hour."

Kai smirks as he boards. "Not to mention it brought you the sword of the sanctuary."

"Speaking of past events," Katara hopes on next as Kit fumbles with her hands, "Your mother?" Rosie hopes on as Ronin gets strapped in the pilot's seat. "It's a long story."

"Like you said," I smirk as I hop on board, "We've got a long trip."

Kit finds a seat on the floor as Morro shuffles his feet. "Are you coming?"

He licks his lips and jumps in. "Yeah."

"Still scared of water?" Kai has an understanding smirk on his face as the door's close.

"Just unnerved." Morro sits criss-cross as R.E.X. dives under the water.

Rosie and Kit tell the story of how they found out Kit's true heritage as Ronin bobs his head to some music.

Kai smacks his forehead as the glowing now fades from Rosie's and Katara's head. "So you two meet before?"

"Yup," Rosie smirks as the temple comes into view.