Chapter 10. Checkmate

Hey guys, so this chapter really ties in with the last to in you wanna, do a quick re-read of the last one. Later!~W.R.

{Location: The airjitzu temple}(Kit's POV)[A few hours earlier]

Sensei sips his tea as we sit in the dining hall, "To properly master time, you must first think of it as an opposing force." Sensei sit across from me as a chess board lays in between us. I have the black pieces that are mostly gone while he has many white pieces that are winning the game. Around us, the girls are setting up for Lloyd's birthday party. Misako is out picking up the cake from a small bakery outside New Ninjago City as Seliel and Katara are wrapping presents. I think Willy and Skylor are helping Nya reboot Pixel. "Time is like a king in chess, always safe until it's vulnerabilities are shown.

I frown as I move my last pawn. "I thought we were training to control time, not understand it." I hate chess, I like checkers better.

"But understanding your opponent will better help to defeat them." Sensei easily takes my pawn and my bishop.

I hear Willy's sword come out, "GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!" She screams as loud crashing happens outside.

Fire is shooting outside, "COME BACK HERE YOU-" Skylor screams as the sound of several small fires sizzles outside. A loud pop happens inside the dining hall and Zara is there, right next to me.

"Oh, my." Zara looks at our game with interest. "You'll want to move this." She moves the knight and takes Sensei's pawn. The only captive I had gotten the entire game.

Katara looks in the window at her reflection of her glowy circle. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for you. And your sister of course." Zara smirks as she puts her scythe on her back.

"I don't want to be with you." Katara holds out a fireball as Seliel pulls out throwing daggers.

"But I want you. I missed so much time." Zara looks sympathetic as Sensei moves his knight to corner her's.

I glare as Zara completely takes over my side of the game. "How do I know that's not the only reason?"

"You are such a smart child." Zara smiles as she moves the Bishop to C4. "And right. I also need my twins to help me find my other child." She smirks in her attempt to shock us.

Sensei moves another piece. "We already know about the lost child, but if your magic alerts you to you children's presents, why would you need Willow and Katara?"

"I'm only now realizing how big Ninjago is. And my locator magic is more powerful with my girls close to me." Zara moves the knight again and takes another pawn.

Katara makes the fireball bigger, "We're not helping you." She growls as the locked door moves from Willy's attempts to get in.

I finger for my sword as I pray a vision would happen to help me. "And we know about the spell."

Seliel throws a dagger at Zara, she just moves a little to her left as the dagger loages into the wall behind us, "Why would someone even want to do something that big?" She aims another as Sensei moves another piece.

"Dearie, you're not thinking applicable." Zara frowns as Sensei takes her bishop. "Darkness corrupts everything. Did you think it was really how you look that made Victor break up with you?" Zara smirks in her knowledge as Seliel goes white from the information. "He wanted power in the Yellow Tiger gang. So it was you or power."

Sensei smirks as he takes more pieces. "You are correct. However, the lightness in a person is often just as powerful."

"Really?" Zara moves the king of all pieces into the middle, "Is that what happened to Garmadon?"