Chapter 26. Conquer

{Location: Chen's island}(Kai's POV)

"Looks like we're neighbors." I smile on my fire suit balcony. The mid-morning sun is warm on my head. But I mainly look at Skylor who has her hair tied into a single long brain instead of a ponytail. "I'm Kai," I smirk, remembering how we met during the tournament of elements. "Master of Fire."

She smiles, remembering as well, "Skylor. Master of wouldn't you like to know?" She smiles a little more faintly.

I look at the forest, most of the place has small cobwebs everywhere and seems much more empty. "I lied." I smile, but she doesn't seem to want to look at my direction, "I'm actually Master of the Mind. And your." I decided that she needs a little close-up Kai space so I hop over my balcony and jump onto her, "The Master of Amber."

She blushes hard, point Kai. "You got me hot tamale." She holds herself, making sure her wrists are hidden. "I hope we chose a safe place for Willow."

"I don't see how it could be better." I hear Kit taking care of Aquila and Ultra Dragon below in a sorta mini zoo, "This island doesn't exist on any map, wolves can't swim." I wiggle my eyebrows at her, "And it's where I met you."

She blushes more and her smile goes up. Two points for Kai. She swallows hard, "Question, can the Master of fire swim?"

Now it's my turn to blush, I hadn't exactly been swimming but I guess she used the power of mind to discover that, "I only know the doggie paddle." I scooch closer to her, making her blush a thousand times more.

Skylor has a faint smile on, likes she mentally debates whether or not to tell me something. "Sadly, I'm not good enough of a teacher to teach you any other method."

I finger walk up to her arm, I really want to hold her but my touch seems to scare her, "Doesn't mean I am not allowed to see you in a swimsuit." I try and form a mental picture of that in my mind.

Skylor's smile drops. Like I said something wrong, which isn't normal for me, normally the ladies find me fetching.

"Kai," Skylor taking small breaths like this will become a much remembered moment, "Have you ever seen me in a short sleeved shirt?" She pauses, like is hard for her. "Think about it."

I do as she said. No. Why is that? And why do you always wear gloves? A new string of questions bubbles in my mind. "Does you being an Anacondrai count?"

A small smirk comes and goes, "No. Not in this case."

I think a little harder as a shadow casts over me, "Then no. I've never seen you without a long sleeved shirt on. Why?"

She fingers her right glove, getting ready to pull it off. What is Sky hiding?

Then a bucket drops from below, Kit runs out to see us properly, "Look out." She points above me.

I manage to pull Skylor away from her balcony and into her room as Cole and Katara land where we stood. Both look hypnotized as their eyes are glassy grey. "I don't like the look of that. What happened to you two?"

Both look around like we're bad targets. "Mother is calling."

Skylor draws them in further and lights her hands on fire, "This is just perfect."

I growl as I get my sword out, "Zara must have found them. We can't let them find Willow."

Either the two of them have a hive mind or they planned ahead as they jump off on the other side of the balcony. "Mother is calling."

Skylor picks me up with the power of gravity, "Going down?" She smiles as we soar over as Kit and Aquila try holding our friends here.

Aquila gently tries to hit Cole with her tail but Cole airjitzu over, Willow and Lloyd are on the other side of the island.