Chapter 24. Divide

{Location: The Vault of the time blade} (Seliel's POV)

The first thing I do when I get to the under the sea vault is land on my face. "Time Vault:1. Phantom Ninja:0."

Maya giggles and helps me up, "It's ok dear. I actually did that on my first time here too."

I let a faint smile on my lips come on as Ray holds the Dragon blade. I watch as Jay, Nya, and Cole unloads the fusion dragon. We have roughly a year's worth of supplies and more than enough water.

Ray watches them, "We have to go." He looks upset as he has to leave Nya again, "The entrance will be sealed as we leave."

Maya gets back on the dragon as I look around at what will be my new home for a while, "We'll drop by in a month to check in on you."

Jay waves them goodbye as I fish around our supplies for potato seeds, I'd need to start a garden right away for proper growth.

Cole pulls out tent poles, "I hate hiding."

Whatever Zara did to me, everything in me needs to touch him, feel his skin on my fingertips, his lips on mine, even just brushing his clothes seems to excite me. And that partly scares me, this desire, it's unnatural and the more I wait, the more it grows.

Nya unrolls some beds, "Then why become a ninja?"

Cole snickers and fuels the desire in me more, "I meant hiding like a coward. I don't mind hiding and sneaking around. But staying out of a fight, that chaps my hide."

Jay gives him a fist bump, "Agreed. Now, how the heck do we set this up?"

Nya pulls out a toolbox as I watch Cole. He bends down, picks up and assembles some poles for their tent. Nya appears at my side with a knowing grin, "I know that look."

I really want to touch Cole but I instead grab Nya, "We'll be right back. Girl talk." I drag Nya to a more secretive part of the cave as the boys shrug and continue their work. "You've got to help me."

"What's wrong?" Nya doesn't seem to get how bad this actually is, "Everyone knows you two like each other. Kit made that news very clear after your date at the Rainbow cave dwellings." Her amber eye twinkle with delight as I let her go.

I sigh, "It's not just that." I bite my lips looking for the right words, "Zara's spell did something to me. I don't know how to explain it but it's like if he even blinks I get this urge to touch him."

Nya smile slips off a bit, "Ok. So on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being I barely want to touch him, to 10, being if I can't touch him soon I'll die of longing, what number would you give this?"

"An eight crawling to nine."

Nya definitely didn't realize how bad this has gotten, "Yikes."

"Please," I grab her shoulders and have her look me in the eyes, "Promise me that if I start losing my mind over this, you'll keep Cole away from me."

"I don't think that is going to get that bad."

"Nya." I want to take my words back but this desire is like a parasite, growing with every beat of my heart, "Please."

She sighs, "Ok. I promise."

I come closer for a friendly hug, "Thank you."

(Cole's POV)

"Almost," I screw on the last bolt on to the pole, "And there."

"Wow," Jay lets go of the pole, "That was fast. Have you been camping before?"

"Yeah. Plenty of times with my uncle."

"I didn't know you had an uncle."

"Yup." I smile at the thought of Uncle Joe, "He would swing by and take me camping during school breaks."