Chapter 6. A minner problem

{Location: Crystal Pass}(Seliel's POV)

Skylor is pressed against the glass of a roto jet while I am practically squeezed to death in the second seat. "Why couldn't we take your dragon?"

Cole doesn't look comfortable himself as Crystal Pass appears on the radar. "Not enough room."

I try to wiggle for more room as we land. "Well, we're here."

Skylor struggles as footsteps approach us. "Now how to get out."

A shadow is cast over us, "Need a hand?" My Dad gives me a small tug that pulls me out.

"Thanks, dad." I smile and hug him. "How life back here in Crystal?"

Dad warmly smiles as he lets go and Cole comes out of the jet next. "Not that same without you. How's the sweet ninja life?"

"It's been good. I've actually made a lot of friends." I let blush race over my face as Cole crosses his arms, which makes his muscles bulge against the shirt. Witch sends hot red blush on my cheeks, "For example, that's Skylor. Master of Amber."

Skylor waves and hops down. "Hello. You have a beautiful town here."

Dad smiles as familiar town noises ring. "Thank you. Not that I'm upset that you're here, but what are you doing here?"

I feel my stomach growl as the roto jet locks it self. "It's a story. Mabey one we can talk about over lunch?"

"I was just on my way to CJ's." My dad smiles. "I would enjoy the company."

Cole smiles as we walk to a small square building with a blue roof. "CJ's? Do they have cake?"

"They only serve the best cake in any realm." I smile at happy memories about eating there with my parents after training. Then get overwhelmed by remembering my mom. Well, at least I can feel things now.

"Really?" Skylor smirks as we walk in. "I think Mister Chen's number nine is a real winner."

Signs of the lunch rush were almost over as the host walk over to us. I recognize browned haired Author from high school. "Welcome to CJ's pizzeria and bakery. Table for four?" He looks a lot like Jay

I smile as he remembers me, "Sure. Can we get a table?" I hear a small growl from Cole as Arthur grabs four menus.

"Yup, right this way." Arthur walks through a maze of tables and busboys as we follow to our table. "Here ya go. Can I get anything started for you?"

"Just water all around," I recall that most of the drinks here aren't that good.

"Okie dookie. I'll be right back." Arthur walks to the kitchen as we sit down. My dad is on my left as Cole sits across from me. He seems more at peace after his death...or maybe that is just me looking too deeply into my reawakened feelings.

Dad's eyes rests his elbows on the table, "And now for your story." My dad smiles warmly as I start around the final battle. Between the appetizers, main course and dessert I manage to get to the current day problem. "When I said you could go, I didn't think you'd be attracted to you first playing card again." He snickers as he pulls out his wallet, and out of that, an old playing card with Cole's picture on it stands above various attack patterns.

Skylor takes a sip of water as my dad passes her the card. "Playing card?"

I want to hide under either my helmet or my hair but instead sigh. "Did you have to bring up the card?" It's been along time since I've even thought about the days I collected the Ninja's early posters and cards. Not since. No. Don't rip up healed scars.