Epilogue: Zara the grey judge

{Location: New Ninjago City Central Park} (Willow's POV)

I watch as Aquila circles the park. The day is partly cloudy with a little wind chill.

Cole shivers a bit from the breeze on his energy dragon, "Chilly."

I smile a little as Katara flies closer to warm him up, "Chilly. That word is not in my vocabulary. Please define it." I smile a little as Aquila lands near the center of the park.

"How are you not freezing?" Cole gestures at me. Or my outfit, a grey shirt, denim shorts and flip flops. "Is there some kind of warming Fay magic you got going on?"

I catch eyes with Katara as she snickers. She knows why I'm always cold and why the cold never bothered me anyway.

"What?"

I pat Aquila's head, "You're close but not quite hitting the nail." I know he's my half brother but my past is still haunting me. I just need a tad more time.

Katara puts out her wings as Cyrus waves at us from a statue with a big grey drape on it, "Don't worry. Willow will open up soon enough."

Or, I could always spill the beans right now. Aquila taunts. This dragon is going to be the death of me.

Don't you dare. I'll start riding Ultra Dragon more than you if you say a single word about my past.

Fine. Aquila sighs then jump onto a thick oak tree, There are many fans of yours coming. I'll distract them. She jumps from tree to tree like Lloyd and I did on my mission to Stiix three and a half years ago.

Cyrus looks eager. I wonder why he call us down. Or if we were misdialed. Either way, his fingers itch to pull the tarp off, "I'm so glad you came."

I study the figure, it's tall and the sheets don't really give away what's underneath. "Well, you did seem rather urgent."

Cole looks at it, "Are we getting another mech bot?"

Cyrus smiles and pulls the drape down, "Not exactly." The grey drape folds over itself as I look at a status. It's Zara. She's sitting criss-cross with her scythe on her back but has a kind smile on. The statue's wings are just like Zara's, black on the left and white on the right. Next to her right knee is a gravel but the way her hands are placed, she either looks like she's waiting for a small child to crawl in her arms or telling a wonderful story, "I'm sorry about your mother. I heard about her sacrifice and did a little research. I know she did kill some people in cold blood but the people were rather bad." Cyrus points lower, at the statue's base is a glass case embedded in the stone and holds her scythe. The frame is silver grey, the color she likes. "And besides. She's wasn't black or white."

I am drawn to the weapon and gently place my hands on the glass, "She was grey."

Katara comes up to my right and sees a small plaque in silver and black, 'This memorial is dedicated to Zara of Trylle She may have not been a hero but she gave birth to three.'

Cole appears on my left, "No one is entirely good or evil. But we give power to one or the other in every choice we make."

Cyrus taps my shoulder and offers a tissues box, I don't take any but my blood siblings do, "I'm sorry. She wasn't easy to love but she did the right thing in the end."

Yeah. I smile as Aquila's distraction doesn't last long. My mom's a hero.

I wait as small tears and sniffles are made, behind Cyrus is Zane's statue. I guess that makes sense, both sacrificed themselves for the greater good. No, some lighter part of me whispers, both sacrificed themselves for family.