Sick day

(Y/n) pov

The day of going to La Push beach. Perfect day to get a fever right? Ugh hope you realised I was being sarcastic. The beach, any beach was like my second home. Listening to the waves and seagulls calmed me but nope instead I had to stat in bed with a thermometer in my mouth. Really though I counted my lucky stars. As Bella couldn't stay home and I told Charlie that he should still go fishing Jasper volunteered to take care of me. Most of the time he was rushing around the whole house trying to find everything.

Luckily, there was a time that I had fallen asleep and he was downstairs watching television. Suddenly, the sound of my phone woke me up. It was Bella.
"Hey can you go on the computer and type in cold one."
Immediately I did. I checked a lot of the links but only two really sparked my interest. Spoke old fashioned, touch was freezing, changing coloured eyes.... was this real? The Cullen's.... were vampires.

As I heard the stairs creaking, I hung up, turned of the computer and ran back to the bed.
"Your awake!" Jasper cheered, "Guess I just missed your perfect eyes...."
Ugh he was perfect and he was what I was looking for. As he sat on the bed I decided to ask him something.
"Jasper?" I began, "I... uh was reading this article about cold ones..."
"Vampire..." He interrupted.
"Yeah well.... um I guess my question is are you one of them?"
Silence filled the room for about ten seconds before he answered with a gentle nod. My heart started to race which he could obviously hear but then I suddenly started to feel calm again.
"I'm a vampire and well each vampire has a special power mine is manipulating emotions."

I knew I should be afraid but it was
physically and mentally impossible. Was it just his power manipulating my emotions or was there an other reason? We sat there silent and his masculine hand gently held my chin. The next thing I knew was our lips were gently together. It only lasted a few seconds until he pulled back.

"Bella's home..."
A couple seconds after, I heard the door unlock and Bella call "hello". She walked up the stairs into my bedroom. Deep breath. It was clear what she would have wanted to know. Jasper spoke first.
"I think you should ask Edward your question when you next have some time to yourself..." he explained before walking out.

She was confused at first but became clearer after I nodded at her.
"Pretend you don't know and ask him yourself," I told her eventually.
All I had to do was keep a distance before she did or else he would be able to read my mind. Then she changed the subject.

"If your feeling better this weekend would you like to go shopping for prom dresses with me, Jess and Angela?" She invited.
Excitedly, I jumped out of my bed. Of course I loved prom and this time the girls would ask the guys. Already, I knew who exactly I wanted to ask. Let me give you a clue. He's the cutest vampire you will ever meet.
"Are you gonna ask Edward?" I asked Bella.
She just smiled and shook her head no.
"I'm not gonna go to prom," she told me.

I wished she would but I knew there would be no hope. Yes she was clumsy as they come but there were other things to do at prom like drink punch but I guess no.