CHAPTER FIVE

"Heads up! We're inbound." said Rocket, they all watch as they head towards Knowhere which looks like a giant severed-head.

"Woh." said Peter.

"Well, this looks creepy" said Nikolai.

"What is it?" asked Drax.

"It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here." said Gamora as the Milano enters Knowhere, Mining Colony. "Hundreds of years ago, the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. The bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable only for outlaws." said Gamora as the group walks around in the street of Knowhere.

" Well, I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde and John Stamos." said Peter.

" It sounds like a place which I would like to visit." said Drax.

"Yeah, you should." said Peter as a bunch of kids surround them.

" Excuse me." said a Knowhere Kid.

"Watch your wallets." said Peter's to the others and took a hold of Nikolai's hand, but not before he could give a child some units.

"Can you spare any units?" asked a Knowhere Kid.

"Get out of here." said Rocket as a girl walks up to Groot, he grows a flower in his hand, plucks it and gives it to her before walking off. As they walk towards a bar. "Your buyer's in there?"

"We are to wait here for his representative. " said Gamora, the bouncer throws a patron out of the bar.

"Get out of here!" said Bar Bouncer.

"This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait?" said Drax while they wait for their appointment, Drax, Rocket and Groot get drunk and gambled. "Yes! Yes!"

"Yahoo!" said Rocket.

"My Orloni has won, as I win at all things! Now, let's put more of this liquid into our bodies." said Drax.

"That's the first thing you said that wasn't bat-shit crazy!" said Rocket, at the same time Peter and Nikolai are on the balcony of the bar.

"Man, you wouldn't believe what they charge for fuel out here. I might actually lose money on this job." said Peter.

"You always lose money" said Nikolai.

"It's just a negotiation tactic. Trust me, this is my specialty. Where yours is more, "smile than stab,stab. Those are my terms" said Peter making Nikolai smile.

"I started to remember my family" said Nikolai out in knowhere making Peter look at him, he knew that Nikolai was sad because he couldn't remember his family.

"You do?" asked Peter curious.

"I remember Thanos killing my dad in front of me, I was hiding in the closet and my sister and my mother had run away to get away but I didn't have the time" said Nikolai as he notices Peter's Walkman on his belt and takes it. " Why would you risk your life for this?" asked Nikolai, he knew it meant the world to him but he didn't know who gave it to him.

"My mother gave it to me. My mom liked to share with me all the pop songs that she loved growing up. I happened to have it on me when I was...the day that she... You know, when I left Earth." said Peter as he took the Walk man from Nikolai and puts it back on his belt.

"Is it this you dance to?" asked Nikolai, he had seen Peter dance around on Milano.

"Yeah, you don't need to dance you can just listen" said Peter.

"I can't dance" said Nikolai chuckling.

"Really? Well, on my planet, there's a legend about people like you. It's called "Footloose." And in it, a great hero named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that dancing, well...it's the greatest thing there is." said Peter.

Nikolai didn't come from Terra so he didn't know much about it he only knew stuff that Peter told him.

"Who put the sticks up their butts?" asked Nikolai confused.

"What? No, that's just a..." said Peter.

"That is cruel." said Nikolai.

"It's just a phrase people use." said Peter as he puts the Walkman headphones onto Nikolai's head so he can listen to the music, after listening for a moment he speaks out loud.

"The melody is pleasant!" said Nikolai as he listens to the music Peter's leans in to kiss him when suddenly he suddenly realize what he was going, Nikolai looks up and bumps his head with Peter's.

"Ow! What the hell?" said Peter.

"Your head was close to mine, so this is your fault" said Nikolai.

"That is not what is happening here. " said Peter as he notices Drax, Rocket and Groot are all fighting inside the bar. "Oh, no. "Peter and Nikolai enter the bar to stop the fight between Drax, Rocket and Groot, Gamora drags Drax off of Groot.

"Stop it!" said Gamora, Rocket points his weapon at Drax as he's about to shoot Peter intervenes.

Nikolai didn't even see Gamora walking u to them before he saw her next to him and heard her voice.

"Woh! Woh! What are you doing?" asked Peter..

"This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" said Drax.

"That is true" said Rocket.

"He has no respect!" said Drax.

"That is also true!" said Rocket.

"Hold on! Hold on!" said Peter.

"Keep calling me vermin, tough guy! You just wanna laugh at me like everyone else!" said Rocket.

"Rocket, you're drunk. Alright? No one's laughing at you." said Nikolai

"He thinks I'm some stupid thing! He does! Well, I didn't ask to get made! I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over and turned into some...some little monster!" said Rocket making Nikolai look at him in sadness, he knew Rocket and Groot had been through alot.

"Rocket, no one's calling you a monster." said Nikolai.

"He called me vermin! She called me rodent! Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots to your frickin' face!" said Rocket as he points his weapon at Drax again Peter stands in front of him.

"No, no, no, no! Four billion units! Rocket! Come on, man. Hey! Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich." said Peter as Rocket hesitates for a moment than lowers his weapon.

"Fine. But I can't promise when all this is over I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks." said Rocket.

"See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends! Five seconds after you meet somebody, you're already trying to kill them!"  said Peter.

"We have traveled halfway across the quadrant, and Ronan is no closer to being dead." said Drax before he turns and leaves in anger.

"Drax" called Nikolai after him as he watched Drax walk away from them.

"Let him go. We don't need him." said Gamora just than the Collector's assistant, Carina, enters the bar

"Milady Gamora, I'm here to fetch you for my master. " said Carina as she escorts them to the Collector's home.

"Okay, this isn't creepy at all." said Rocket before the followed Carina.