CHAPTER SIX

"We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner." said Carina as she takes them to the Collectors massive room of collections where he's waiting for them. " I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, the Collector."

Gamora and the Collector walk towards each other.

"Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh." said The Collector as he kisses her hand.

"Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed." said Gamora as the Collector notices Groot.

"What is that thing there?" asked The Collector.

" I am Groot." said Groot.

The Collector goes over to Groot.

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir, you must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course." said The Collector.

"I am Groot." said Groot.

"Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?" said Rocket defending his friend.

"That's your pet" The Collector asked Groot.

"His what?!" said Rocket as he goes to grab his weapon and the Collector chuckles but Gamora intervenes.

"Tivan, we have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this orb." said Gamora.

"Very well, then. Let us see what you brought." said The Collector.

Gamora looks at Peter, he retrieves the orb from his bag but accidentally drops it, he quickly picks it up to show the Collector, meanwhile a drunken Drax notices a man making a call in a booth.

"Three quarnyx batteries, seven cases of cotati seeds. No, cases. Last time, you sent me..." said a Knowhere Civilian when Drax suddenly comes up from behind and holds a knife against his throat.

"You shall send a message for me." said Drax.

Back with the Collector and the group

"Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities." said The Collector as he uses a device to unlock and open the orb. "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. Infinity Stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength. Observe." He shows them the giant beings that use the Infinity Stones as weapons. "These carriers can use the stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field"

"There's a little pee coming out of me right now." said Peter quietly making Nikolai look at him weird.

"Once, for a moment, a group was able to share the energy amongst themselves, but even they were quickly destroyed by it." said The Collector, the orb is opened to reveal an Infinity Stone. "Beautiful. Beyond compare."

"Blah, blah, blah. We're all very fascinated, whitey. But we'd like to get paid." said Rocket.

"How would you like to get paid?" asked The Collector.

"What do you think, fancy man? Units!" said Rocket, like it wasn't obvious.

"Very well, then." said The Collector,as he goes to get the money, Carina, fascinated by the Infinity Stone, walks towards it. "Carina. Stand back"

"I will no longer be your slave!" said Carina.

"No!" said The Collector.

Carina grabs the Stone, triggering an explosion that destroys herself as well the Collectors archive, Groot grabs Rocket and runs out of the place as it explodes, Peter, Nikolai and Gamora come out from under the table to look at the destruction caused by the explosion.