CHAPTER ELEVEN

Missouri Earth 1980.
Meredith Quill and Ego are driving along a dirt road in Missouri singing along to "Brandy you're a fine girl" by Looking Glass. The two get out of the car and run into a forest.

"Where are you taing me ?" asked Meredith Quill.

"Come on, come on. Look!" said Ego.

"Oh, it's beautiful. " said Meredith as she spots the seed.

"I was afraid it wouldn't take to the soil, but it grew quickly and soon, it will be everywhere, all across the universe! " said Ego.

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about, but I like the way you say it. " said Meredith.

"My heart is yours, Meredith Quill. " said Ego

"I can't believe that I fell in love with a spaceman. " said Meredith, as they later kissed.

34 Years Later The Sovereign

"Showtime, A-holes! it will be here any minute." said Peter.

"Which it will be its last." said Gamora as she looked at Nikolai.

"I thought your thing was a sword?" asked Peter.

"We've been hired to stop an inter-dimensional beast from feeding on those batteries and I'm going to stop it with a sword?" said Gamora.

"It's just... swords were your thing and guns were mine, but... I guess we're both doing guns now. I just didn't know that." said Peter

"Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's Aero-Rigs?" asked Gamora.

"It hurts." said Drax.

"Hurts?" asked Nikolai looking worried.

"I have sensitive nipples." said Drax.

"Wa-ha-ha-ha! My nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!" said Rocket in a mocking tone.

"What about him, what's he doing?" asked Drax.

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work." said Rocket.

"How is that important?" asked Drax.

"Blame Quill, he's the one who loves music so much!" said Rocket.

"No, I actually agree with Drax on this, that's hardly important right now." said Peter.

"Oh, ok, sure Quill" said Rocket winking.

"No, seriously, I side with Drax." said Peter as his head turned in the direction Nikolai was.

Peter had started dealt with his feelings to Nikolai now but he didn't know that Nikolai felt the same way about his. Everybody else knew that the two had feelings for each other.

"I understand that, your being very serious right now." said Rocket.

"I can clearly see you winking!" said Drax.

"Damn, I'm using my left eye?" asked Rocket as Groot, still a baby terrorizes orloni and looks at Rocket.

"I am Groot." said Groot.

"They were not looking at you funny. " said Rocket as he sees the Abilisk. "Oh, well that's intense."

While the Guardians fight off the Abilisk, Baby Groot plugs in the cord to Peter Quill's stereo and starts playing "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO and begins dancing.

"Groot!" said Peter.

"Groot, get out of the way your going to get hurt!" said Nikolai as Baby Groot waves. "Hi!"

Baby Groot continues dancing; Drax falls down next to him and every time he looks at Baby Groot, Baby Groot stops dancing. Baby Groot notices a fly buzzing around and he tries to catch it, he grabs it and puts it in his mouth.

"No, no! Spit it out! Come on! That's disgusting!" said Rocket as he  removes the bug from Baby Groot's mouth.

Baby Groot hops on top of an Orloni and hops around the giant Abilisk. Baby Groot jumps off the Orloni and continues dancing until Drax falls on top of Peter Quill's stereo and smashes it; Baby Groot gets angry and tries to kick Drax

"The beast's hide is too thick to be pierced from the outside! I must cut through it from the inside." said Drax.

"What? No, Drax! Drax!" said Gamora.

"What's he doing?!" asked Peter.

"He said that the skin is to thick to be pierced on the outside so..." said Nikolai.

"That doesn't make any sense!" said Peter.

"I tried telling him that!" said Gamora.

"Skin has the same level of thickness on the inside as it is on the outside!" said Peter.

"I realize that!" said Gamora.

"There's a cut on its neck! Rocket, get it to look up!." said Peter.

"Alright, you giant sea monkey, up here! Whoa, watch it Quill!" said Rocket.

"Yes! I have single-handily vanquished the beast!" said Drax as Groot throws something in his face. "What? What are they called again?"

"Anulax batteries." said Peter.

"Harbulary batteries." said Drax.

"That's nothing like what I just said. But they're worth thousands of units apiece... which is why the Sovereign hired us to protect them. Careful what you say around these folks. They're easily offended. The cost of transgression is death." said Peter.

"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line. We could not risk the lives of our own Sovereign citizens. Every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community. Impeccable, both physically and mentally. We control the DNA of our progeny... germinating them in birthing pods." said Ayesha.

"I guess I prefer to make people the old-fashioned way." said Peter.

"Perhaps someday, you could give me a history lesson... in the archaic ways of our ancestors. For academic purposes." said Ayesha.

"I would be honored, yes. In the name of research...I think that could be pretty, uh..." said Peter as he notices  that Nikolai is staring at him and he quickly changes his answer. "...repulsive.I'm not into that kind of casual..."

"Oh, please. Your people promised something in exchange for our services. Bring it... and we shall gladly be on our way." said Gamora interrupting Peter.

The Sovereign guards bring a hooded figure nto the courtroom and throw her on the ground and pull back her hood, to reveal Gamora's sister, Nebula.

"Family reunion. Yay." said Peter.

"I understand she is your sister." said Ayesha.

"She's worth no more to me than the bounty due for her on Xandar." said Gamora.

"Our soldiers apprehended her attempting to steal the batteries. Do with her as you please." said Ayesha.

"We thank you, High Priestess Ayesha." said Peter.

"What is your heritage, Mr. Quill?" said Ayesha.

"My mother is from Earth." said Peter.

"And your father?" said Ayesha.

"He ain't from Missouri. That's all I know." said Peter.

"I see it within you. An unorthodox genealogy. A hybrid that seems particularly... reckless." said Ayesha.

" You know, they told me you people were conceited douchebags, but that isn't true at all." said Rocket after hearing Ayesha insulted Peter.

"Oh, shit. I'm using my wrong eye again, aren't I? I'm sorry." said Rocket. Drax picks Rocket up from the scruff of his vest and carries him briefly. "That was meant to be behind your back." Drax puts Rocket down.

"Count yourself blessed they didn't kill you." said Drax..

"You're telling me." said Rocket and shows Drax the batteries. "You wanna buy some batteries?" Drax laughs out loud but Rocket quickly shushes him.