CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Back at Milano

"This is mutiny! This is mutiny!" said Tullk.

"Captain! Help me! Please! Captain!" said Oblo.

"You're the one what killed those men...by leading them down the wrong path.Because you're weak. And stupid! It's time for the Ravagers... to rise once again to glory with a new captain... Taserface!" said Taserface.

"I'm sorry. Your name is...It's Taserface?" asked Rocket.

"That's right." said Taserface.

"Do you shoot tasers out of your face?" asked Rocket.

"It's metaphorical!" said Taserface.

"For what?" asked Rocket.

"For it is a name what strikes fear... into the hearts of anyone what hears it." said Taserface.

"Okay...whatever you say." said Rocket.

"You shut up. You're next. Udonta, I have waited a long time to do...What?" said Taserface.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry! I just keep imagining you waking up in the morning, sir... looking in the mirror and then in all seriousness saying to yourself... "You know what would be a really kick-ass name? "Taserface!" That's how I hear you in my head! What was your second choice?Scrotum Hat?" said Rocket.

"New plan. We're killing you first." said Taserface.

"Well, dying is certainly better than having to live an entire life... as a moronic shitbag who thinks Taserface is a cool name." said Rocket.

"That's enough killing for today." said Nebula.

"She's the daughter of Thanos." said a Ravager.

"I thought you were the biggest sadist in the galaxy." said Taserface.

"That was when Daddy was paying my bills. The Priestess wants to kill the fox herself. And he has bounties on his head in at least 12 Kree provinces. I assure you... I am not as easy a mark as an old man without his magic stick... or a talking woodland beast. I want 10% of the take... and a couple more things." said Nebula.

"We got a whole box of hands... - if that one don't work out." said Kraglin.

"It is fine." said Nebula.

"You think them Kree is gonna execute the captain?" asked Kraglin.

"The Kree consider themselves merciful. It will be painless." said Nebula.

"Well, here it is. It's the best ship we got. Location of Ego's planet in the nav. We'll wire you the 10% once we's paid. What are you gonna do with your share?" asked Kraglin.

"As a child, my father would have Gamora and me battle one another in training. Every time my sister prevailed... my father would replace a piece of me with machinery... claiming he wanted me to be her equal. But she won... again and again, and again, never once refraining. So after I murder my sister... I will buy a warship with every conceivable instrument of death. I will hunt my father like a dog, and I will tear him apart slowly... piece by piece... until he knows some semblance of the profound and unceasing pain... I know every single day." said Nebula.

"Yeah. I was talking about, like, a pretty necklace. Or a nice hat. Something to make the other girls go, "Ooh, that's nice!" Anyways, happy trails." said Kraglin.

Back at Ego's planet

"My mother told everyone my father was from the stars. She had brain cancer, so everyone thought she was delusional." said Peter.

"Peter..." said Ego.

"Listen, I'd love to believe all of this, I really would. But you left... the most wonderful woman ever... to die alone." said Peter teareyed.

"I didn't want to leave your mother, Peter. If I don't return regularly to my planet... and the light within it... this form will wither and perish." said Ego.

"So why didn't you come back? Why did you send Yondu? A criminal, of all people, to come and fetch me?" asked Peter.

"I loved your mother, Peter! I couldn't stand to set foot on an Earth... where she wasn't living! You can't imagine what that's like!" said Ego.

"I know exactly what that feels like! I had to watch her die!" said Peter.

"Over the millions and millions of years of my existence... I've made many mistakes, Peter. But you're not one of them. Please give me the chance to be the father she would want me to be. There's so much that I need to teach you about this planet... and the light within. They are a part of you, Peter." said Ego.

"What do you mean?" asked Peter.

"Give me your hands, son. Here. Hold them like that. Now, close your eyes and concentrate. Take your brain to the center of this planet. Yes!" said Ego.

"Whoa!" said Peter.

"Yes! It's okay. Just relax. Concentrate. You can do it. Bring it back. Yes! Yes, now shape it. Feel that energy. Yes. You're home. Peter..." said Ego.

Mantis and Drax was sitting and soaking in the sun and gazing at the lush, flowing hills, like something an alien Maxfield Parrish would paint.

"How did you get to this weird, dumb planet?" asked Drax.

"Ego found me in my larva state. Orphaned on my homeworld. He raised me by hand, and kept me as his own." said Mantis.

"So you're a pet?" asked Drax.

"I suppose." said Mantis.

"People usually want cute pets. Why would Ego want such a hideous one?" asked Drax.

"I am hideous?" asked Mantis.

"You are horrifying to look at. Yes. But that's a good thing." said Drax.

"Oh?" said Mantis.

"When you're ugly, and someone loves you... you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people never know who to trust." said Drax.

"Well, then I'm certainly grateful to be ugly." said Mantis.

"Those pools, they remind me of a time... when I took my daughter to the forgotten lakes of my homeworld. She was like you." said Drax missing his daughter.

"Disgusting?" asked Mantis.

"Innocent." said Drax.

Drax stares out at them without expression.Slowly, Mantis touches his shoulder. And, as she does, tears instantly flow down her cheeks. She stares with Drax at the hills. They feel the sadness together,she cries while he's stoic.

"Drax? There's something I must tell you." said Mantis before she could say anything Gamora walks through the doors with a suspicious look on her face and Nikolai walked in after her.

"What's going on?" asked Gamora.

"This gross bug lady is my new friend." said Drax.

"I'm learning many things, like I'm a pet and ugly." said Mantis.

"You're not ugly. Drax!" said Gamora.

Drax who is confused, points at Mantis, as if her ugliness proves itself.

"What are you talking about?" asked Drax.

"Mantis... can you show us where we'll be staying? Why are there no other beings on this planet?" asked Gamora looking at Mantis.

"The planet is Ego. A dog would not invite a flea to live on his back." said Mantis.

"And you're not a flea?" asked Nikolai.

"I'm a flea with a purpose. I help him sleep." said Mantis.

"What were you about to say to Drax before we walked out?" asked Gamora.

"Nothing. Your quarters are this way." said Mantis.