CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

PLANET'S HOLLOW

Nikolai and Nebula are still rising on the rift when they slam into a wall near the opening in the surface of the planet.

BELOW SELF CHAMBER

Peter turns and sees Ego, in his terrifying skeletal lightform strolling down towards him as the land around him parts like red sea. As Ego walks, the dirt and molecules around Ego form organs in his body, piercing himself back together. Peter sees a tentacle slam Yondu to the ground and cover his entire body. He turns to see Rocket hollering as he at tentacles ,but they overwhelm him. Father away is Gamora trying to fight the tentacles but the get a hold of her.

PLANET SURFACE

The earth wraps around Drax's legs like quicksand, pulling him and Mantis down into it.

PLANET'S HOLLOW

Nikolai and Nebula scramble, trying to climb back up, when the tendrils wrap around them, stopping them from going further

SELF CHAMBER TUNNELS

The walls are tightening around Groot. He grows his branches to try to stop them, but they aren't working. He begins to cry, like an actual baby, terrified, on the brink of suffocating.

BELOW SELF CHAMBER

Ego approaches his son. He is fully formed, and he is more truly "himself." Alien. Dark eyes and pale skin.

"I told you I don't want to do this alone" said Ego.

"You cannot deny the purpose the universe has bestowed upon you!" said Ego.

And one again, the light tendrils stab through Peter's back, thrusting him to his knees. Smaller light tendrils stab into his face and body. And the lights is being sucked out of Peter and up into the Self Chamber once more as it bursts with light.

EARTH,STREET

Day police officers and bystanders are in the streets, snapping phone photos, beside the huge, still swatch of Ego's lifeform.

"Please, everyone. Step back. I need you all to clear the" Officer Fitzgibbon started to say but some old man interrupted him.

"What is that?" asked The old man.

The lifeform a lights with energy and moves again, spilling incredibly quickly towards them. People abandon their cars in traffic as it runs over them. A woman fall and people starts to run around her. But an old man's hands reach in, helping her up. The man was Peter's grandpa, in his 70's or 80's now.

"Come on, ma'am." said Peter's grandpa.

He helps the woman into an SUV. He slams on the gas, screeching away from the enormous tida lwave of organic light.

XANDER- DAY

Ego's lifeform smashes down the park walls and into the street, destroying all around him.

BELOW SELF CHAMBER

Ego approaches his son.

"Why are you destroying our chance?!" said Ego with a loud voice.

AAKON CITY - NIGHT

Aakons run from a giant wave behind them.

KREE HOMEWORLD - STEEP HILLSIDE

Kree monks run from the cosmic flesh as it pours down the hillside behind them. But it's too fast, rushing over them.

PRIMITIVE PLANET - WETLANDS