CHAPTER EIGHT

"The stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge" said Gamora.

"All Ronan's gotta do is touch the stone to the planet's surface and zap. All plants, animals, Nova Corps." said Peter.

"Everything will die." said Gamora.

"So Ronan does not make the surface. Rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the Dark Aster's starboard hull. Then, our craft and Yondu's will enter." said Nikolai.

"Won't there be hundreds of Sakaaran soldiers inside?" asked Kraglin.

"I think of Sakaaran as paper people." said Drax.

Kraglin smiles and gives Drax a friendly punch on the shoulder, but Drax, not understanding the playful jester, gives Kraglin a look like he's going to hit him.

"Once they know we're on board, Ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck. Which I can disable by dismantling the power source." said Gamora.

"We'll make it to the flight deck, and I'll use the Hadron Enforcer to kill Ronan." said Peter.

"Once Ronan is dead, we will retrieve the stone. Use these devices to contain it. " said Gamora as the devices are passed out. "If you touch it, it will kill you."

"There's one more thing we need to complete the plan. " said Rocket as he points to one of Yondu's men who has one robotic eye. "That guy's eye..."

" No! No, we don't. No, we don't need that guy's eye." said Peter." said

"No, seriously, I need it! It's important to me." said Rocket.

"Ronan's fleet has been spotted, and will arrive in t-minus fifteen minutes." said Ravager Navigator.

"Remember, boy. At the end of all this, I get the stone. You cross me, we kill you all." said Yondu looking at Peter.

"After getting ready, Peter and the rest the group start walking along the ship.

On The Milano

"This is a terrible plan." said Gamora.

"Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends." said Peter.

At Nova Headquarters, Dey approaches Nova Prime.

Nova Prime. I received a transmission from one of the Ravagers. He says Ronan's in possession of something called an Infinity Stone and he's headed toward Xandar." said Corpsman Dey.

"Good God." said Nova Prime.

"It's a trick. He's a criminal." said Denarian Saal.

"Did he say why we should believe him?" asked Nova Prime.

"He said his crew just escaped from prison so he'd have no other reason to risk coming to Xandar to help. He says that he's an "a-hole." But he's not, and I'm quoting him here, "one hundred percent a dick." said Corpsman Dey.

"Do you believe him? " asked Nova Prime.

"Well, I don't know that I believe anyone's one hundred percent a dick, ma'am." said Corpsman Dey.

" I mean, do you believe that he's here to help? " asked Nova Prime.

Dey hesitates a moment before replying.

" Yeah." said Corpsman Dey

The Ravagers fleet of ship stop near the Dark Astor.

"Fire! " screamed Yondu.

The ships fire at the Dark Astor and the explosion bounces off the ship forming a cloud of fire.

" Cover it down! Submerge! " screamed Yondu as he ships, including the Milano duck beneath the wall of fire and go beneath the Dark Astor.

"Rocket, hurry! " said Peter.

"Evacuate the city. Our priority is to get our people away from the battle." said Nova Prime to her crew as the Ravagers ships and the Milano are firing at the Dark Astor.

"Come on! " said Kraglin, after they've managed to blow a hole in the Dark Astor.

"Quill! Yondu! Now! " said Rocket as Yondu's ship is shot down.

" Aw, hell! I'm going down, Quill! No more games with me, boy! I'll see you at the end of this! " said Yondu referring to the fleet of Ronan's ships firing at them.

"There are too many of them, Rocket! We'll never make it up there! " said Gamora  just then they notice Nova Corps ships joining them.

"Peter Quill, this is Denarian Saal of the Nova Corps. For the record, I advised against trusting you here." said Denarian Saal.

"They got my "dick" message!" said Peter.

"They got you Dick message"  said Nikolai with a laugh.

"Prove me wrong" said Denarian Saal.

With the help of the Nova ships the Peter lands their ship inside the Dark Astor through the whole that was shot through it.

""Yes!" said Drax as he laughed as they crash land inside the Dark Astor. "Yes!"

"You are kind of a weirdo Drax" said Nikolai.

"We're just like Kevin Bacon". said Gamora.

"Oh, man." said Rocket.

"All Nova pilots, interlock and form a blockade. The Dark Aster must not reach the ground." said Nova Prime as the Nova ships start to form a giant net.

"Locked in!" said a Nova Pilot.

"Locked in. We're locked in." said another Nova Pilot.

Nova ships capture the Dark Astor in their giant net shape form. Inside the ship Peter and the rest of the group leave their ship and make their way through the Dark Astor