CHAPTER TWELVE

On The Milano, "Lake Shore Drive" plays

"All right, let's get baldy to Xandar and collect that bounty." said Rocket.

"That stuff about my father... Who does she think she is?"asked Peter.

"I know you're sensitive about that." said Nikolai.

"I'm not sensitive about it. I just don't know who he is. Sorry if it seemed like I was flirting with the High Priestess. I wasn't." said Peter.

"I don't care if you were." said Gamora..

"Well, I feel like you do care. That's why I'm apologizing. So, sorry!" said Peter.

"Gamora is not the one for you, Quill." said Drax.

"Damn shadow." said Peter.

"There are two types of beings in the universe... those who dance, and those who do not." said Drax.

"Mmm-hmm." said Peter, not looking at Drax anymore but was looking at Nikolai who was on the other side of the ship and was fixing something.

"I first met my beloved at a war rally." said Drax.

"Oh, God." said Peter.

Peter was still looking at Nikolai who was wearing a t-shirt so you could see his tattoos.

"Everyone in the village flailed about, dancing. Except one woman. My Ovette. I knew immediately she was the one for me. The most melodic song in the world could be playing. She wouldn't even tap her foot. Wouldn't move a muscle. One might assume she was dead." said Drax.

"That does sound pretty hot." said Peter.

"It would make my nether regions engorge." said Drax.

"Okay. I get it, yes. I'm a dancer, Gamora is not." said Peter.

"You just need to find a woman or guy who is pathetic... like you." said Drax.

"Mmm." said Peter.

"Peter we, all know that you like Nikolai" said Rocket before going back to what he was doing and didn't see that Peter was looking at him with wide eyes.

"I'm hungry. Hand me some of that yaro root." said Nebula.

"No. It's not ripe yet... and I hate you." said Gamora.

"You hate me? You left me there while you stole that stone for yourself. And yet here you stand, a hero. I will be free of these shackles soon enough, and I will kill you. I swear." said Nebula.

"No. You're gonna live out the rest of your days in a prison on Xandar... wishing you could." said Gamora.

"This is weird, we got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear." said Peter.

"Why would they do that?" asked Nikolai, coming up and stand beside him.

"Probably 'cause Rocket stole some of their batteries." said Drax.

"Dude!" said Rocket.

"Right... he didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us, what a mystery this is." said Drax awkwardly.

"What were you thinking?" asked Peter.

"Dude, they were really easy to steal!" said Rocket, making Nikolai nod.

"That's kind of true" said Nikolai making Peter throw him a glare.

"That's your defense?" asked Gamora ignoring Nikolai and Peter.

"Come on! You saw how that High Priestess talked down to us. Now I'm teaching her a lesson!" said Rocket.

"I didn't realize your motivation was altruism. It's really a shame the Sovereign's mistaking your intentions and they're trying to kill us. " said Peter.