Chapter 20.5: Special Chapter

Seulgi POV

"Seulgi where the heck are you?" Wendy asked me through the phone. It was obvious she is getting tired of waiting for me.

"I'm on my way. I got a bit lost. I swear it doesn't matter how many times I take the bus, I always manage to get off at the wrong stop. I'm convinced the bus driver calls out the wrong street names to mess with me." I whine. Wendy sighs on the other line getting ready to lecture me on being an airhead.

"Oh wait! I see it! Oh!! I see you! Bye!" I cut her off and entered into the bbq place. Taking a seat at the table, I see Wendy give me a look.

She was not amused.

"So... how are you?" I started the conversation off tensely, my voice in a slightly higher pitch.

"I have been waiting here for the last 45 minutes." Wendy deadpanned.

"I have a legitimate excuse. You see, I have a theory. What if-"

"Theories don't start with 'what ifs', Seulgi."

"I'm convinced the bus driver is out to get me. The only one I can trust is the one that rides from my job to my house. The lady that drives the other one is plotting something, I just know it. One day she's just going to take me."

"And why would she take you?" She asked, doubting my reasoning.

"Maybe she's jealous!"

"I am pretty sure she has better things to do than kidnap and a teenage girl. As much as I love you, the only reason you can't seem to get off when you are supposed to is your own incompetence." Wendy stated, making me pout.

Luckily, it was then that the staff decided to bring the side dishes and meat for us to grill. My mouth watered at the sight, and Wendy had to shoo me away from the side dishes that were taunting me.

"Ok so let's catch up. Let's start from the yesterday when you bolted out of the school and infected yourself with the enemies saliva?" I asked. My statement must have caught Wendy off guard because next thing I know, she's choking on her own spit. Leaning over the table, I beat her back until she caught her breath. 

"About that...." She trailed off, chuckling nervously. Narrowing my eyes at her, she cleared her throat. Eyes not meeting my gaze, she returned to grilling the meat. 

"Well, you see, after you and Jimin had your incident with Suzy, I decided that I was going take charge and come up with literally the dumbest plan of my life," Wendy said, flipping the meat over. When I gave no response, she cleared her throat again before continuing. 

"And I thought the best way to get you and Jimin to work together again would be for me to 'date' someone you despise. This way, you would go to Jimin for help and the two of you would work together to break Yoongi and I-" 

"Hold up a second. Yoongi? Since when do we call him that?" I questioned. 

"I'm getting there don't be impatient." She scolded, flipping her hair back over her shoulder. 

"Now, back to what I was saying after being so rudely interrupted," She said, narrowing her eyes, "He didn't fully agree to this plan and after the hallway incident, you didn't respond the way I needed you to, so I took initiative and all but jumped him outside." She shrugged. 

"I wouldn't have kissed him, but like the special child you are, you never caught on to my plan, so just when I decided I was going to scrap it, I saw the opportunity and took it. This, however, proved useless once again. Well, I wouldn't say useless because it led to, wait-" She stopped suddenly and looked like she saw a ghost.