Time to go

Two weeks has passed and it was now May 15th and now we're at the airstrip saying goodbye to our families. I pull Finn aside so we could have our moment alone before I left. I look up at him and see him crying.

"Baby don't cry, I'll be back soon. I'm sorry I'll miss our three year wedding anniversary." I say wiping the tears away.

"I know, I'm just going to miss you baby and we'll celebrate when you get back." He says leaning down and kissing me. I hand him an envelope and he looks at me confused.

"Open it when I'm gone, I love you, I have to go." I say softly.

"I love you too be safe." He says and kisses me one last kiss before I walk towards the plane. I turn one last time as I wave goodbye and I blow a kiss towards him.

Finn's POV

I was going to miss my wife so much I hope she was going to be safe. We all headed out towards a restaurant for lunch after the plane took off. As I was sitting in the car I opened the letter she wrote me.

My dearest Finny

I want you to know I love you with all my heart and I will always find my way home to you. Don't worry I'll make it home to you. Your the reason to come home, you are my home. Always remember that I love you and am always thinking of you.

Love always
Rory

I shed a few tears knowing that she was my home also.

"You alright man?" Robert asks concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm just going to miss her that's all." I say honestly. He nods and we soon arrive at the restaurant. We all enter the restaurant and take a seat. We ordered our drinks and appetizers.

"How are you doing son?" My father asks concerned.

"I'm good Dad, I know she'll come back home." I say smiling. 

"It really is noble what she's doing."Mom says affectionately.

"She's an amazing woman, so bad ass." James says in awe, I laugh in response.

"Really? How do you know?" Lorelei asks confused.

"Lorelei, Rory and her unit saved my brother James." Robert says putting his hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Wow really?" Strobe asks.

"If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here today." James replies honestly. They were all proud of Rory, Tristan and their unit. Ben, Austin, Nate, Mark and Shane had become family to us all hopefully they all come back without a scratch on them.

Rory's POV

We made it to the base and I'm headed to my quarters. I have a room to myself because I'm head of our unit. I start unpacking and hang up the pictures of Finn and I on our wedding day, our honeymoon and many other pictures. After I finish unpacking I head to the command center to check in. I walk in and take a seat at the table with the rest of my unit. We were all ready to be debriefed on our mission for tomorrow. After the debrief I head to the gym to work out. For some reason I wasn't feeling well and got tired easily. I just brushed it off to being jet lagged from the trip.

"You ok Mare?" Tristan asks concerned being able to read me so well.

"Yeah just tired." I say.

"Yeah we're all tired." Tristan says shaking his head.

"We all have to go to bed early, we have a mission tomorrow." I say and he nods. I head out and head for the shower in my room. When I'm done I call Finn to let him know I made it safe.

"Hello?" He asked groggily his voice laced with sleep.

"Hey baby." I say softly.

"Love?" He answers uncertain.

"Yeah it's me, we made it safe." I say to him as I sigh.

"You ok?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah I'm just tired and my stomach hurts a little." I say.

"I'm sorry baby, I wish I could be there to make you feel better." He says lovingly.

"I know baby but hearing your voice helps a lot."I say soothingly.

"I'm glad, what were you doing before you called me?" He asked curiously.

"I just got out of the shower."I say.

"Oh really now." He says suggestively.

"Yeah I'm only in a towel." I say.

"Mmm baby I can picture it now. "Finn says huskily.

"I can't wait to be home with you." I say tiredly.

"Baby go to sleep, we'll talk soon." He says.

"Yeah I'll email you. Just to let you know, I'll be MIA sometimes. I love you baby." I say emotionally.

"I love you too baby stay safe." Finn says lovingly as we both hang up and go to sleep.

Finn's POV

I just got off the phone with Rory, my poor wife she's tired and she doesn't feel good. I wish I could be there to make her feel better. I know all I can do is take care of the home front. I know when she comes home I'll do something special for her. I lay back down and look at our wedding photo by our bedside table. I just smile and close my eyes and dream of my beautiful wife and our future together. In my dream she was pregnant with my baby and I was over the moon when she told me that she was pregnant. I can't wait for that day to come. What Finn and Rory don't know is that day is sooner rather than later. Also danger is around the corner and they will lose one of their own.