Chapter 2

Freya returned to the city not long after she was dressed. Just outside there was a clearing and the company were camping out by the fire, nothing cooking of course until she saw Ori setting fire to a piece of lettuce, not intending to eat it of course. They really didn't like green food. As she approached all conversation stopped and they all turned to look at her. She managed a small smile.

"Evening" she said.

"Ah Freya you're back" Balin replied. There was a long silence.

"Everything ok?" she beckoned. Everyone looked around nodding their heads and there were multiple yeses. "Great!" she walked of awkwardly to set a place to put her bed roll down. God damn that Kili! She knew that this was his doing. As she looked around to find were the rascal had gotten to she noticed that both Kili and Fili weren't there.

"Where's Fili?" she paused "oh and Kili". The company turned around looking quite amused.

"Seriously people cut it out!" Bilbo exclaimed "Sorry..." he turned to Freya "Thorin sent them to go get some meat again"

"Last time it turns out they were successful in other areas..." exclaimed Bofur, he paused giving the company a smile "well at least Fili in that case" he smirked. Freya rolled her eyes and sat on her bed roll. Playing with her curly, gold hair and trying to braid it and plotting just how she was going to murder Kili when he came back.

...

It was late when the Durin brothers arrive. Half the company was asleep and Thorin, Bilbo and Balin had gone off to some kind of secret meeting with the elves. But much to the company's impatience Kili and Fili had finally brought dinner. They had caught three rabbits and a deer. Freya wondered if it was the same deer Fili had chased oh so 'majestically' early. She giggled at the thought.

The smell of the food woke the rest of the company up, all licking their lips and holding their stomachs as Bombur cooked the meat. Freya stayed seated on her bed roll, she knew there would be a huge rush when it was ready, and she wasn't even particularly hungry either. Across the flames of the fire she caught a glimpse of Fili looking across at her, he quickly looked away and continued talking with Dwalin. What was he talking about? Freya was curious to know what he was talking about but she remembered what he had said earlier about 'curiosity is the death of you'. So she stayed out of it.

When dinner was finally ready Freya began to stand to get her share of the food when a soft hand touched her shoulder.

"Please allow me". It was Fili, Freya handed him her bowl and giving her a quick smile as he left. Freya stood there bedazzled as Fili brought her bowl back over, full of stew.

"Thanks" she replied. Fili nodded and she sat down and he took a seat next to her. She began eating her stew trying not to notice the company staring at the pair of them.

"So" Fili started. Freya sat her bowl down and listened intensively "Sorry about a... earlier... today with the deer and the... river and everything else and Kili of course". The two of them awkwardly laughed.

"It's fine, really I didn't mind..." she blushed slightly "sorry on my part as well".

"What do you mean?" Fili asked leaning in towards her.

"Well... the whole kissss..." she started talking but Fili interrupted by placing a small kiss on her lips. Freya turned bright pink and goose-bumps aroused under her clothes.

"Ehem" There was a loud voice behind them. They parted cautiously looking towards the figure. It was Thorin, again.

"Fili, you and Kili are on night watch" he stammered.

"But Uncle we're in Rivendell!" he complained "We're safe and Kili and I already got dinner..."

"Enough!" Thorin roared "You are on night watch." He gave a quick glance at Freya. "Everyone else should get some sleep". He left, Freya and Fili to sit there awkwardly. Fili quickly spoke.

"Well I better inform Kili of these arrangements" he looked down at Freya and kissed he lightly on the top of her head "Sleep well" and he left. Freya sat there still thinking to herself. She told herself not to be serious, and rested down into her blanket and slept.