Chapter 6

Hi, sorry I haven't updated in a while! As soon as I finish this part I will update way faster,  I have the rest already written out. So anyway please enjoy my next chapter and thanks for all your support! 

Freya’s eyes watched in terror, as Fili was drawn far away. She saw as the great stone giant rised from the mountain. She felt the mountain jolt beneath her and she clutched to the cliff, watching as half the company did the same. The rain poured down upon them and they watched as the giants continued to battle as they were thrown around on the leg of one of the fighters.

Great stones fell down from above; breaking the edge of the path off before they knew it they were clinging on for dear life. Screams could be heard from the other half of the company as they saw the other leg swing around in front of them.

There was a loud crash as they watched as their giants head flew off its shoulders, and disappear into the canyon below. Gravity pulled against them as they went round like a merry-go-round on the leg. Freya felt her eyes stretch open as she watched as the enormous cliff face came before her, she felt herself fall still hanging on and the last thing she saw was grey stone.

Fili watched on helplessly as the giants leg smashed into the cliff. He heard the screams. His half of the company had made it onto the mountain before the giant collapsed.

“Nooooo!” he cried as the company rushed around the path to help them. He felt tears sting his eyes as he tried to move through the rain and not fall off the cliff. There was a sigh of relief as Thorin announced they were ok. Fili took a deep breath as he searched for Freya.

“Oin get over here!” he heard someone call, he pushed through the crowd towards the scene. Freya was lying there in Bofur’s arms, unconscious, blood running down her face. “Oh my god…” Fili felt himself collapse to his knees as everything went blurry.

“She got crushed into the cliff…” he heard Bofur say. Everyone else narrowly escaped but she was too late. Fili saw as Oin checked her pulse.

“She is alive” he sighed “But needs attention immediately” he said softly.

“In here!” Thorin announced from behind them. A small cave was etched into the cliff face.

“Seems safe enough” Dwalin replied. Fili rose to his feet.

“Here” he said to Oin holding his arms out to take her. “I will carry her” Oin lifted Freya up into Fili’s arms and he took her with such care as if he was holding a child. She looked peaceful besides the blood running down her face, you would think she was asleep. Fili thought she was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. He lowered he head to hers, kissing away the hairs that rested on her face.

“Fili!” he heard his uncle shout. He turned and walked into the cave and laid her down onto the cave floor. Wrapping her with his rug, and sitting down beside her. He could see Thorin watched him as he cradled Freya’s head on his lap caressing his face. He could feel the tears coming back as he rocked back and forth, hoping, praying, that somehow she would be ok.