Chapter 9

Freya's POV

Out of the Frying-Pan and into the fire is the perfect saying to describe the situation we, the company, are in right now. After the successful run with the goblins we miraculously ended up in an even worse situation. How did we even manage that?

Well turns out the Goblin Kings little messenger got the messages through to Azog that we were here. If that couch potato was still alive I would kill him. But I feel a whole lot better now I don't have to lay eyes on him again, not after being squished by his falling dead body from a 100 ft drop.

So here we are not even a hour later, trapped at the edge of a cliff up some trees, while flesh eating Wargs try to jump up an grab us.

I looked over a Fili who I somehow managed to share a branch with. in other situations this could be seen as quite romantic but it really wasn't. I gripped the tree harder as the tree jolted back suddenly. Fili grabbed me to stop me from falling.

"Thanks" I said still looking at the Wargs below.

"No problem" he replied, still holding me with one arm. I heard a crack and looked below, the tree was about to snap.

"Uh Fili..." I said shakily he looked down just as the tree began to fall backwards.

"Jump!" We heard Thorin yell. We did as we were told and we clutched to the next tree just as ours fell to the ground. Soon the trees were falling like dominoes with us swinging through them like not so graceful Woodelves.

One last jump we made and I felt myself slip. I grabbed onto the first branch thy I could, as my legs dangled down towards to Wargs.

"Freya!" I heard Fili call down to me. I looked down in terror at the gigantic Wargs below and looked up sadly at Fili as the last tree began to crack and lean. I thought all was lost, that this would be the end to our epic tale..

But as if a star itself came to us a dim glow started in the higher branches of the tree before shooting forward in a fireball to the Wargs and Orcs.

"Take my hand!" Fili yelled, I took it as he effortlessly pulled me up to his branch.

"Thankyou Fili.." I breathed placing a gentle kiss on his cheek, that made him blush a gorgeous shade of red.

"Fili, Freya!" Gandalf called passing more 'stars' down to us. We threw the flaming pinecones with as much force as we could muster. Soon a great wall of flame separated us from our enemies an the company cried with joy as the Wargs back away.

Our moment of joy was ruined by a harsh crack as the tree toppled to its side over the cliff only hanging by it's roots.

I clung onto Fili and the branch as he did the same. Struggling to hold ourselves on the branch we watched helplessly as Thorin our leader got to his feet, and marches towards our enemy. I looked over to Bilbo who watched in horror as Thorin began to run towards Azog. Soon the little Hobbit was at his face, sword in hand.

"Bilbo?" I cried. But he didn't hear and he continued to stride down towards Azog and disappearing behind the wall of flame and out of sight. I panicked and looked to Fili who was struggling to hold on and was crying at the same time. I looked at him softly and he tried to hide his tears.

This wasn't over.