Having A Ball

July 9th, 2016
OTC

"I'm so excited!" Tiara giggled, lightly jumping up and down. Her now even white pixie cut bounced with her. She wore a purple and pink dress, ball gown style and sweetheart neckline. She held a purple mask with a long feather, waiting for the right moment to put it on.

"Yo, same!" Mikayla laughed, spinning in marvel of her dress. She had on a blue dress, with black details, and short blue sleeves with little bows. Her mask was blue and black, with an assortment of small black features and a blue flower.

"And look at these dresses!" Sue exclaimed. She smiled, looking at her dress. It was white and ball gown style, with long sleeves that expanded near her hands. Her mask was white with silver sparkles and a short white feather.

"They're beautiful!" Hailie twirled in her green ball gown style dress, sweetheart neckline. She held a green mask that flared out like leaves.

"Thank you!" Lynn nodded, glad her dresses were appreciated. She wore a light purple dress, ball gown style with a sweetheart neckline. She held a light purple mask with a cute little butterfly on it.

"Speak for yourself." Coral grumbled. She attempted to close the zipper of her sweetheart neckline blue dress, the top light blue slowly going down darker. She had set down her light blue mask, with a long blue feather, on a table. "I mean the dresses are pretty, its just I don't...dress up."

"Here, let me help you." Sif walked over to Coral, lifting the front of her dress so she wouldn't trip. She wore a blue dress, with layers of white and darker blue. The top was a one shoulder with faux diamonds and blue gems. A silver cape followed her and she held a light blue mask with a long blue feather, nearly matching Coral's. She zipped up Coral's dress, stepping away slightly. Coral smiled at her in the mirror.

"Should we give you two a moment?" Dakota asked, raising a brow. She wore a green ball gown style dress with long sleeves that jutted out near her hands. There were gold details that matched her gold and green mask, with a green feather protruding from the center. Dakota and the others giggled as the two women blushed ever so slightly.

"What do you think the boys look like?" Raine asked, sighing happily. She wore an orange, red, and yellow dress, ball gown style, with a sweetheart neckline. Her mask was orange, sparkly, and matched Johnny's.

"Probably pretty damn hot." Ashley laughed. She wore a gold dress, ball gown style with a sweetheart neckline. She had her gold mask in her gloved hands. Her wings were out, folded gently behind her.

"Hell yeah!" Natasha agreed. She wore a black ball gown style dress with red details. One of her sleeves was short and black and the other was red at the shoulder and black down the arm, jutting out near the hand. She held her black and red mask in her hands.

"The boys are ready." Ember giggled. She wore a navy blue ball gown style dress with short sleeves. The top part of her dress was covered in sparkles and her mask was navy blue with a few long feathers. The girls cheered, then laughed.

"We are so not ready." Tony said. He smoothed his hair out in the mirror. He wore a black tux, with a red tie. His red and gold mask, fashioned similarly to his mask, with a long red feather sat on a table nearby.

"Please, you look ravishing." Loki rolled his eyes, lightly running his hands through Tony's hair to mess it up. Loki wore a black tux as well, with a green tie. His mask was gold and had horns similar to his helmet. Thor guffawed when he saw it.

"Cow." Thor muttered to Loki with a smirk. He wore a black tux with a red tie. His mask was also similar to his helmet, grey with wings.

"Weirdo." Loki whispered back.

"You two are both weirdos." Johnny stated, raising a brow at the brothers. He wore an orange tux, covered by a black cloak. His mask was orange, matching Raine's. "But hey, so am I."

"And I love it." Fandral whispered to Johnny, placing a small peck on his lips. He wore a green Asgardian tux and his mask was green with two pheasant feathers.

"You guys are weird." Ben said, tying his bow tie around his neck. He wore a pair of black pants and held a rocky half-face mask.

"Tell me about it." Reed agreed with a smile. He wore a gold tux with a black tie and a matching gold mask sat in his hands.

"Can we changed the topic?" Bruce asked, clearly uncomfortable but trying to be polite. he wore a black tux with a green tie and a purple tux vest. His mask green with a long green feather.

"I guess so." Fandral grumbled, followed by a snickers from Loki, Tony, and Johnny. A silence followed, and none could tell if it was hawkward or comfortable.

"Or we don't have to talk at all, I guess." Steven mumbled under his breath, earning a few laughs. He wore a navy blue suit with a red tie and held a navy blue half-face mask.

"Works for me." T'Challa agreed. He wore a dark brown Wakandan suit, with a black tux vest. His mask was black and resembled his Black Panther mask.

"I don't know if I can not talk." Wyatt said, earning a laugh. He wore a white tux with a pink tux vest and tie. His mask was half pink and half white...and very manly.

"How do you think the girls look?" Peter asked. He wore a red tux with a red tie. His mask somewhat resembled his Spiderman mask, being red with black lines to look like webs.

"Pretty damn hot, I'm guessing." Clint nodded. He wore a black suit with a purple tie, tux vest, and matching purple mask.

"I imagine." Bucky said with a grin. He wore a black tux with a red tie and tux vest. His mask was silver and made of metal from Tony's lab.

"They're ready, as well." Steve said. He wore a blue and gold tux, with a white undershirt with a puffy collar. He put on his red, white, and blue mask, the matching feathers shifting slightly. "Let's go."

All the boys put their masks on and traveled out of the rooms. They went across the hall to the banquet hall, which had been cleared to make one hell of a dance floor.

DJ Tony began the music, some upbeat remixes. He, Loki, Fandral, and Johnny began dancing, not very well, but what do you expect?

The girls all put on their masks and went downstairs. As they entered the hall, all of the boys' breathes hitched in their throats. Lynn and Natasha linked arms with Wyatt and Clint, both of the boys too stunned to say anything. Bruce intertwined his fingers with Raine's, whispering how good she looked in her ear. The rest of the girls joined their men and made their way to the dance floor, where the other couples already began to dance.

Ember and Tiara stood, their arms still linked, watching the couples swing around the floor. Ember leaned over to Tiara and whispered, "I'm going to go with my husband now."

Tiara nodded, releasing her best friend. Ember smiled at Tiara, subtly pointing to the mysterious man with the metal mask. She surveyed him, looking him over. She didn't think she ever saw him before, which was weird because she knew most of the male Avengers...intimately. He had beautiful long brown hair and a little bit of stubble on his chin. He was handsome, from what she could see of his face.

"That girl's single." Steve whispered to Bucky as he and Ember linked their arms and made their way to the dance floor. Bucky turned his attention to the girl Steve mentioned. She was looking at him as well, as if surveying him. Her mask, purple with a long feather, covered enough of her face for him to not recognize her. She had white hair that was cut in a pixie cut and her dress was gorgeous and complemented her. He watched her tuck a strand of her short hair behind her ear.

"Hi." She said, looking at the floor. Bucky smiled lightly. "I'm Tiara."

"I'm Bucky." He offered his hand out. She gingerly put her hand in his. With a small smile at her, he brought his lips to her knuckles, placing a gentle kiss there. She blushed, her hand still in Bucky's. "Care to dance?"

She nodded, and they headed to the dance floor. Bucky kept their hands intertwined and put one hand on her waist. She put her hand on his shoulder.

DJ Tony saw this and subtly changed the current upbeat tune to a slow song, smirking a little at Ember, who nodded, before making his way to Loki for a dance. Bucky and Tiara swayed side to side silently, letting the music overcome them.

Ember and Steve looked away from the smiling couple and looked at each other. Steve smiled at her, letting her lead them around the floor. She leaned her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and letting him take the lead. He kissed her head, resting his head on hers as they danced.

"Can we talk?" Coral whispered to Thor. He nodded and hand in hand, they walked out into the hall. Coral let go of him when they stopped, looking down as if the floor was super interesting.

"Listen." Thor sighed. "I have to talk with you too. I've become...disconnected with you lately. I don't know to say this..."

"I think we should...break up." Coral said. Thor nodded.

"I agree. I'm sorry." Thor said. Coral shook her head.

"I've felt distant too lately. I'm glad the feeling's mutual." Coral reached up and placed a kiss on Thor's cheek, then she walked back into the party hall with a sad smile and sat down by the alcohol. Thor went in as well, heading for the sitting Mikayla.

Sif left the dance floor when a slow song came on and found Coral sitting alone by the bar with a bottle of liquor. She grabbed two glasses from behind the bar and sat next to Coral.

"Fill me up." She said, watching as Coral smirked then filled the glasses halfway. "Care to talk?"

Coral shrugged, emptying the glass. "I suppose. Thor and I broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sif quickly downed the drink, feeling like she might need it.

"No, it's fine. It was mutual." Coral nodded, looking at Sif. Sif avoided eye contact, looking at her empty glass.

"Would you...would you care to dance?" She asked, extending her hand towards Coral. Coral nodded, taking her outstretched hand and following her to the dance floor.

Ashley and Peter and Wyatt and Lynn were dancing near each other, immersed in a heated discussion about shrimp. Sue and Reed danced quietly, talking very little. Raine and Bruce, Dakota and T'Challa, and Hailie and Steven danced in silence, enjoying each other's presence and the music. As Clint and Natasha danced, they whispered into each other's ears. Ember had closed her eyes, her head still on Steve's shoulder, as Steve leaned his head on hers. Fandral and Johnny and Tony and Loki had huge smiles on their faces as they continued to dance horribly, only the Asgardians with some skill.

Mikayla watched as Coral and Sif headed to the dance floor and then watched Thor heading her way. He sat down besides her and the upbeat remix mixed with a comfortable silence overcame them. Mikayla glanced over at him subtly, and realized he was watching her. She blushed lightly and watched her friends dancing. She saw Coral look over at her and wink, subtly pointing to Thor. Mikayla raised a brow, Sif also watching the exchange. Coral mouthed 'single' and then winked again, turning her attention back to Sif and the new remix that just came on. Mikayla glanced at Thor again, who now watched the couples dancing. Mikayla sighed, a light blush still on her cheeks.

"So, you and Coral..." Mikayla didn't know what to say.

"Not anymore." Thor nodded, looking at her. Mikayla nodded as well. "Want to dance? It...will help me take my mind off it."

Mikayla nodded and took his hand, leading him to the dance floor.

Tiara rested her head on Bucky's shoulder, smiling lightly. Bucky smiled as well, closing his eyes and letting the music overcome him.

They all danced long into the night, with but a few glitches.